[QUESTION] - TradeStation EasyLanguage

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by Tall Mike, Jul 3, 2020.

1. Im brand new to Tradestation easylanguage and I have a few questions on creating a strategy and indicators.

Anybody know the best way to get some help with this? The Tradestation forums are totally dead (or not that active at least).

Also, is there any type of free app or site that would allow you to create like a drag and drop strategy and then output the source code so that you can insert it into TS? I saw one which was called EAbuilder but idk if its worth the money.

Thanks!

2. I'm in the same boat. Try to understand how the engine loops through and places orders. There's an importance in the begin/end statements to make sure multiple if/then statements work properly.

Then just be careful variables are holding the correct values...use the print statements and print window to see this.

Those seemed to help alot in getting a strategy to work correctly.

3. I didn't even get to that yet. I literally just want to start backtesting some ideas I have.

4. Metamega

Metamega

Weird how their forums are dead. Seems they’ve been around forever as well as easy language.

Perhaps mutlicharts has something to follow. Pretty sure they have two versions, the easy language one and the .net one.

Tall Mike likes this.
  5. Got it. In that case, bring up a chart, add a sample strategy, then open up the easylanguage developer and try to see what the code is doing and go from there. It takes a little getting used to.

Tall Mike likes this.
  6. Great idea, thanks man!

7. Whats strange is when I log into the website, the homepage legit looks like were back in 2000 and I gotta go unplug my phone line so that I can power up my AOL connection.

8. I still remember the AOL CDs. At least it's not a Geocities page, lol.

9. JSOP

JSOP

There should be some sites with manuals for EasyLanguage. Somebody suggested the MultiCharts one. That one is helpful too. EasyLanguage is pretty easy just like what the language says. It's quite useful and fun to code for backtesting but it's not that reliable for real trading I find so just be careful about that. It's a long time ago that I've used it.

Tall Mike likes this.
  10. Did you find the programming logic inaccurate or the execution of fills that differed from backtest (ie slippage or not getting filled)?

#10     Jul 3, 2020