Question regarding PA

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by PAAddict, Oct 25, 2017.

1. PAAddict

PAAddict

Hi I was trying to spot something important in this price action regarding the next most probable scenario (Upside or downside breakout) but I cant find anything remarkable here. Perhaps someone in ET has a better understanding of PA and can help me understand what important information I am missing here. question.png

murray t turtle likes this.
  2. speedo

speedo

It's just consolidation (chop). The break favors the direction of the move into consolidation but it'll do what it wants.

murray t turtle, PAAddict and Xela like this.
  3. PAAddict

PAAddict

Thanks speedo, I was just wondering if there are clues in volume that can help one decide if one direction has more strength than the other.

4. speedo

speedo

The volume into the support range as well as the direction speaks to the more likely move up.

5. PAAddict

PAAddict

Interesting, support range? Are you talking about the 50% level marked in the chart or is it something that is not marked in the chart. Besides, I do not see something remarkable in the volume levels, perhaps you can clarify exactly what is it you are seeing. Thanks for the reply.

6. speedo

speedo

The volume on the two long range bars pushing above 51.99 (?) and then a test and then the range.

7. PAAddict

PAAddict

Thanks, all clear now. BTW the Breakout was to the upside!

question.png

8. speedo

speedo

With volume :thumbsup:

9. PAAddict

PAAddict

Yep, I have another thing I am trying to understand, see chart attached please.

10. speedo

speedo

My trades and analysis are based on multiple time frames. It may be that on a higher tf, these "breakout" attempts are but complex corrections in larger trends.

#10     Oct 25, 2017
    murray t turtle likes this.