Question for ThinkOrSwim Users ... is it me or does TOS bid lag Ameritrade Quote bid?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by birdman, Oct 13, 2018.

1. birdman

birdman

I do like TOS and i have my chart set to display bid price instead of last price. When comparing TOS bid to Ameritrade Quote bid, it seems to lag to me. I should mention that i live in the countryside and my internet connection is very slow, so that could be a factor. Maybe it's all good and the same at either. Your thoughts?

StockJuice likes this.
  2. silver182

silver182

Do you swing trade multiple times each day....same equity? My suggestion is to place only limit order trades..you then really wouldn't care about lag times would you? It's always great to watch Level II bid / ask timing is your best friend when filling and order.

3. qlai

qlai

What is Ameritrade bid - web based Architect? Last week was awful on TOS. There was like 10 second lag in the morning compared to IB (which is far from the fastest). My level2 would catch up but charts/TnS would not update. Very disappointing. They are getting worse and worse.

4. silver182

silver182

The TD Ameritrade data delay thing has been going on for several weeks now. I call raise hell and it usually improves for a few days. I use TD Ameritrade mobile most of the time..level II has been great, the data lag occurs within the account / holdings detail. At times the watch list lags behind or sticks. Rebooting the program fixes the problem. When things are critical I run both mobile apps...Ameritrade Mobile (the best) & Ameritrade Mobile Trader..a mobile version of "Sink-or-Swim:))" The biggest consistent problem lately has been when switching from one app to another...say go to a text message & back to TD Mobile..or check e-mail & return to Mobile. Mobile has to burp & fart for a while until it remembers where it was and loads data. This is a pain in the ass...all happened a few months ago when some of there techies thought they would try finger print or visual ID log on....they never did offer that..but screwed up these other things....with an upgraded version. They are too dumb to fix all the glitches they now have built in. Of course if you know the "Hot" trade phone number they pick up quick & will do any trade you want at zero cost.

5. qlai

qlai

I'm not surprised. Everyone is cutting costs. Why pay for infrastructure to handle peak volumes when volatility is so low. So once volatility spikes, everything breaks down. Sad part is there is nowhere to go. The industry is in a state where the worse it is for retail guy, the more money they will make. Sad.

6. birdman

birdman

I target 3 cents and use market orders. I will check out the Level II recomendation. Thanks!

7. silver182

silver182

What in the world do you trade?? .03 you must trade multiple 1,000's of shares each time, I used to do that before I discovered the power of Options...Ooops or are you swing trading Options? I don't have a Mark-to-Market IRS standing so I try and keep away from the damn wash-sale-bull-shit as much as I can.

8. birdman

birdman

I trade 10,000 share blocks of stocks and ETFs. Thinking very seriously about going back to swing trading.

silver182 likes this.
  9. silver182

silver182

Swing trade what?

10. birdman

birdman

Nat Gas ETFs mostly. DGAZ sometime between now and the next 3 months.

#10     Oct 15, 2018
    silver182 likes this.