Question about IB or Edgewonk individual trade reporting

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Cat88, Dec 11, 2018.

1. Cat88

Cat88

Hi all,

I've been looking at getting Edgewonk to do some reporting on my trades because I can't find where on Interactive Brokers to get a max drawdown during life of trade statistic and max profitability? (as well as dates of these events)

I also want to know:
    • what was the max ITM and OTM position during the life of the trade as well as
    • the theoretical max ITM and OTM 30, 60 and 90 days after the position was closed out (i.e. should I have closed out earlier on average or should I be holding on longer to winners).

two questions:
    1. Has anyone used Edgewonk for futures trades?
    2. Is anyone aware of where I can do this on IB?

thanks

2. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

TWS is not intended for monitoring individual trades.
    I don't know of a professional system that is. (Or why it would be.)

If you wish to monitor individual trades as part of a system (i.e., grouped trades, average hold for profit, average hold for loss, etc), that would need to be done outside of TWS, according to your system's structure.

One way to happily group system trades via IB is to establish an FA account, and then group by subaccount according to system. This helps at tax time, too.

Cat88 likes this.
  3. Cat88

Cat88

Thanks for taking the time to reply Tom.

Just trying to compute some stats automatically to improve what I'm currently doing manually, so it's helpful to know I'll need to build it / find another provider

4. Cat:

For what it's worth, I have Edgewonk but ended up eventually going with Trademetria because it was easier to use. Let me know if you have any questions about it.

5. dextor

dextor

6. Are you concerned with actual trades or your brokerage information?

7. dextor

dextor

More concern about the actual trades.

8. You can ask directly on the confidentiality standards: sales@trademetria.com

Just curious, though, what is your particular concern with the trades? I know from my standpoint while I have all of my trades loaded up, I don't have any brokerage or other confidential info in there.

9. dextor

dextor

It is my belief that posting my trades on any platform would eventually show a few things about myself :
    1. how i trade
    2. instruments i trade
    3. time i trade
    4. how often i trade
    5. trading style

All these information can be used against you if they have access to your data.
    even better, it can be sold to someone else. Of course that might not be the case for the solutions which you have suggested. It's just a nagging concern.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2018
  10. Got it. I don't have these concerns.

#10     Dec 12, 2018