Qcharts and Time

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Rehoboth, May 4, 2011.

1. So for some reason, when I use my laptop to run qcharts. The standard time is 9am to 4pm rather then the 9:30 to 4pm. I dont have all sessions checked. Does anyone know how to fix this?

2. Bob M

Bob M

3. Thanks bob, but I was hoping that the ET community had a quick solution to this problem rather then taking the time to deal with a tech support. But I guess that is what I am going to have to do.

4. It is indeed a sad commentary on the state of customer support and care in general when customers often find it easier and more time effective to seek help and advice for a product on public forums from people with no vested interest in the company or the product at all. Yet we (consumers in general) keep letting companies give us worse and worse support.

5. Todd I.

Todd I.

If the laptop is running Vista or Windows 7, QCharts would need to run in XP mode as well as have the box checked to run as an administrator checked in the compatibility settings.

From Help in QCharts select "View QCharts Directory" and then find the QCharts.exe file. Right-click on it, choose Properties, and then select the Compatability tab.

Check the box to run in compatibility mode and choose XP and the most current service pack AND near the bottom of the window check the box to Run the program as an administrator.

6. Todd I.

Todd I.

If the laptop is running Vista or Windows 7, QCharts would need to run in XP mode as well as have the box checked to run as an administrator checked in the compatibility settings.

From Help in QCharts select "View QCharts Directory" and then find the QCharts.exe file. Right-click on it, choose Properties, and then select the Compatability tab.

Check the box to run in compatibility mode and choose XP and the most current service pack AND near the bottom of the window check the box to Run the program as an administrator.

7. eSignal Support

eSignal Support eSignal

To get help, we'd suggest either searching/posting on our forums, searching our KB or contacting us directly. Lots of choices.

Similar problem reported here:
    http://forum.esignalcentral.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=132922&highlight=vista#post132922

In a nutshell, if the laptop is running Vista or Windows 7, QCharts would need to run in XP mode as well as have the box checked to run "as an administrator" checked in the compatibility settings.

Here's the KB article that has some screenshots. Fairly common issue when those operating systems first came out.
    http://kb.esignal.com/article.aspx?article=3742&p=25

Thanks.

8. Worked perfectly, thanks for the help.

9. This fix worked...yet after doing it all my saved workspaces and layouts are not accessible. Perhaps I did something wrong but likely they are not compatible with changed settings. Just a heads up to save all these elsewhere before making the change.