Home > Tools of the Trade > Data Sets and Feeds > Q-Charts data today?

Q-Charts data today?

1. Did anyone data feed from Q-Charts stop today at 3:35 pm EST?

Just wondering as I cannot seem to log into Q-charts server and my DSL line is fine.

J-

2. <eom>

3. Yep, it's down. Can't get on anywhere or to any server. Wonder if it will be down the entire 3 day weekend or just until after the market closes?

POS.

Nice. Very nice.

4. THought it was just me.....ok well I'm done for the day good thing I was flat...

take care..

J-

5. QCharts is obviously trying to alienate their remaining customers. Service has gotten worse over last few weeks with frequent freezeups in the morning. Their customer service is a joke, actually it's worse than a joke since their CS rep's are obnoxious f*cking assholes. BTW how do you find the page where they used to give you the status of QCharts? Wasted a bunch of time and couldn't find it.

I have defended these guys previously but it's obvious you cannot rely on them as a stand alone data provider. for the whole friggin' network to go down with 45 minutes of trading left before a 3 day weekend is just unacceptable.

6. Today: Friday, February 14th Update at 10:55 EST.

Some users are experiencing difficulty logging into QCharts. Our engineering staff is aware of the probelm and working to resolve the issue as quickly as possible.

We are proud to announce the release of QCharts 4.3. This version of QCharts can be downloaded at http://finance.lycos.com/home/qcharts/default.asp

7. that link dont work

8. Sure it does, what are you drinking on the job? :D

(actually I edited and took the period off the end. click on it now, it works.)

9. got it figured out. got it downloaded. am very disappointed we still don't have pivots. seems like a simple thing to program.

10. I know, they put in all kinds of wacky stuff and leave out the basic stuff most traders would use. I like the Keltner Channels and being able to pick a server from a pop up menu (ctrl-alt-N).

If Esignal had scrollable intraday data going back more than a couple of months I would probably switch. Until then, I don't know where else I could find an internet based charting package (they manage the data errors/splits etc.) with as good of a graphical interface as Qcharts.

Reliability is certainly not a strong point - I could not be a scalper with this package.

11. Wow.. what a mess.. all my charts are not adjusted for a lack of trading on friday. Esp on the Eminis. Really screws up my indicators :mad: :mad: :mad:

12. They did the same thing on MLK holiday - putting half day globex session on the holiday as a part of the regular charts.

I sent them an email to move it "all sessions" so it doesn't appear on the regular charts as it screws up the chart. I'm thinking that they may have made a policy decision to include it???

Email data@quote.com

13. can anyone show me how to get "100 Tick Bar charts" for Q-Charts..I have a feeling these are NOT possible in Q-Charts as I cannot figure out how to do it, but I thought I would ask people smarter than me...any help would be greatly appreciated.

jt-

14. ktm,

thanks, that is one confusing website. I have used QCharts for years and I can't find a damn thing on their site.

15. jester,

You cannot get "continuous TICK" charts (candlestick nor bar charts) with QCharts...at least with version 4.2.1.4 or lower.

However, you can through software programs using QCharts QFeed.

For example, test try NeoTicker from TickQuest. They have a free-trial and see if its suitable for your needs.

http://www.tickquest.com

More info on 3rd party vendors using QCharts data feed at

http://finance.lycos.com/home/subs/qc3party.asp

Note: I've heard that QCharts will eventually offer "continous tick" charts...I'm still using their 4.2.1.4 version.

Thus, it's possible they may have released "continuous tick" charts in the latest version. A version I don't use nor have tested.

NihabaAshi

16. Thank you SO much!!! Could I ask another question I am trying to program a simple study into Q-Charts and want to know if I can do the following;

c=c1 or

"close = close of 1 bar ago"

Can I do this simple study in Q-Charts? ...anyone???

J-

17. I asked QCharts Support about this a couple of months ago and they said that it was on their list of popular suggestions. I had them add me to this list.

If you want this eventual feature call them up and ask about it so that they know we're interested and may actually put it in.

--opm8

18. ...OK thanks for that piece of information. I will call and ask then to add that to their feature list too.

J-

19. I've used Qcharts off and on for a few years. It is just wierd how their data is so unreliable at times. The software is just the best though if you are sensitive to how things "look and feel" which I very much am. I cancelled the sub a few months ago and I missed the charting program so much I had to start it up again. I've concluded that you probably will never be able to have everything you want in the way of data and charting from any one vendor, Qcharts excels in some areas where others fail badly and vice versa. I'm using Qcharts for research and watching markets during the day and Sierra Charts/Mytrack for the alerts based on technical indicators and Tradestation 2000 for system testing using he quote.com feed. I don't want to use Tradestation during the day because of hassles associated with storing data locally. Two cheap vendors is better than one cheap one. I could probably add Esignal to the mix for the more reliable data but they will not have the amount of intraday data that quote.com has for awhile. I think that eventually esignal will be the one provider that has it all. I don't know what their charting is like though, I've heard good things but somehow I don't think anybody will ever surpass that qchart program for user friendliness. Whoever wrote that in the first place just did an outstanding job during the design phase. Lots of software projects don't have a design phase, they just start coding their ideas, or they don't want to invest time and effort in the design phase and they short change it.

My perfect trading, researching, etc. situation? Qcharts with all the technical indicators from Tradestation and alerts based on tech indicators, a direct feed from the exchanges, and a backtester that was as good to work with as Tradestation and 1000 times faster. How long will it be before that happens? Some other lifetime probably.

The quote.com website is hard to navigate too, I do better using Google to find where things are on their website than going to the website and trying to navigate from there.

Quote.com, ya gotta love em.

Max

20. Tick charts - the future standard.

With 24 hour trading and increased trading by non-US traders - charting increments based on number of ticks rather than increment of time will be what day traders migrate to IMHO.

21. I just never got around to looking into tick charts, I think I can do that in TS2000. Seems fascinating, like you could see accumulation and distribution easier or something like that. How do tech indicators work on tick charts?

Now I know why I never looked at the tick charts. If I do, then I will have to repeat all the research I ever did!! No way!! My eyes are getting blurry just thinking about it.

Max

22. Anyones data shut off around 2pm? This is getting old. Need a reliable system, not a toy.

23. mine just now did!

24. the funny thing is i think the market was coming out of its range, around 2.. Arghhhhhhh:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

25. Yep, mine went down AGAIN today!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

I am so tired of this crap. Whatever change they made in the past couple of weeks should be undone. Sometimes it takes several minutes just to log in with that annoying "Please wait" window. AAAARRRGGGHHH!

If only I could get my dtn.iq feed to work while I'm at work I'd dump this QCharts POS in a second. I'm totally pissed off at this. :mad:

--opm8

26. I'm still off and on with q-charts today, I guess everyone is having this problem too.

27. sammybea I was laffing at the same thing you said, it seems like when there are probs the market is starting to move.

Anyway, the 4.3 release has some new things that are pretty nice.

BTW, I am back up now. The ctrl-alt-N thing is a bit different with the new release.

28. Maybe someone with a reliable data source could buy them out - that would be ideal. DTN? Someone? Anyone?

29. An interesting thing with the ctlr-alt-n: if you do it, then close the pop up window, then open it again - the servers show up as names instead of numbers. You can sort on them as well.