Proprietary Trading Firms - A Different Business Model

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by expiated, Nov 10, 2022.

1. expiated

expiated

Due to unexpected circumstances, I find myself taking initial steps to forming my own prop firm a couple of years before I had anticipated. Accordingly, I have begun exploring the different structures, language and policies of the main ones, which I intend to summarize here.

For now, I will merely be a sole proprietorship, a business entity that is owned and run by one individual, with there being no legal distinction between the owner and the business.

I'm starting off with one employee, a trader residing in India.

I will also be working on the language used to define my business, the potential non-disclosure agreements for protecting my intellectual property as much as possible, and the instructional materials for teaching the firm's recruits.

Let me just say, in advance, that my threshold for all the negativity in this site was reached a couple of months ago, so such individuals, including the ones I have on ignore, can talk among themselves.

I just read a comment from Jordan_Andy where he expressed his opinion that ET has "mainly 2 groups of subscribers... The ones permanently angry no matter what you do because of whatever reasons and the 'Sponsors' who are obviously here, only to market their business."

I don't know about the second half of that statement, but I halfway agree with the first. I am primarily a positive person, so I will no longer engage with the angry folks (the ones who don't seem to have a life, and consequently end up trying to waste all MY time trolling my threads). I see no value in it. I feel I succeeded with my system, despite everyone who said I wouldn't, and am now ready to move on to the next level, regardless of all the negative and critical comments that are sure to come. So, let them come, and I will just add those members who become too annoying (to me) to my ignore list.

MrAgi1, MACD and earth_imperator like this.
  2. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

expiated-I would be happy to discuss how best to structure this. Just give me a call to give me details of Asset classes and scale, and we can discuss it. My phone number and email are below.

777, expiated and MACD like this.
  3. SunTrader

SunTrader

"I feel I succeeded with my system, ..."

Feelings are fine in relationships. Maybe. :)

Trading requires results.

How many years and how many journals and how many posts talking about .... almost there ... any day now.

One trader in India, who obviously has never read a word posted here by OP.

GL nonetheless, the effort is sure there.

4. I've come to the same point with these destructive scumbags here at ET, bro! :D
    I grew up in constructive discussion groups of the Usenet era.
    What we have here is spamming prollys ruling the boards, and the mod is doing nothing. Must be a new business model, maybe... :) Quantity over quality...
    Maybe the sponsors have to pay depending on the # of postings in their sponsored board, so the more postings the more profit for the site. Maybe.
    Otherwise I cannot explain why spammers (those who have nothing to contribute but being destructive & negative all the time) not get thrown out from the site.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2022
    expiated, MrAgi1 and MACD like this.
  5. 2rosy

2rosy

can you partner with an already established firm, a jbo?

6. expiated

expiated

A band from Erlangen, Germany? Joyfully Believing in the One? To knock an unsuspecting person's books out of their grasp? Journal of Behavioral Optometry? Junior Baseball Organization? Junior Boys Own?

7. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

8. expiated

expiated

How many times have I demonstrated the ability to trade with an 85% to 100% daily success rate?

How many times must I demonstrate the ability to double a $10,000 account in two days?
    upload_2022-11-10_10-50-19.png

How many times must I demonstrate the ability to take it to $14,055.75 in one week?
    ScreenHunter_12442 Nov. 10 10.38.jpg

How many times must I demonstrate the ability to increase it to $70,000 in two weeks (after having enhanced my system, if I only I could remember where to find the image/post)?

I "feel" I have succeeded with my system because its "results" have reached the level of profitability constituting my ultimate goal. I no longer have a "desire" to try to make it better. I "feel" completely satisfied with its output. But, I have no more patience for all the EliteTrader naysayers who want to nit-pick over any little thing the can find to be critical about, so join my ignore list.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2022
  9. SunTrader

SunTrader

All demo. How times will you continue to demonstrate you are Elite @ demo trading?

Warren Buffett can't even double his account in two days - unless he too bothered with demo. So why are opening a PropShop, other than to keep the fantasy going?

lucysparabola and Overnight like this.
  10. expiated

expiated

Thanks, that's very gracious of you, but from my perspective, that would seem to me like I was I'm trying to promote myself to other members here, which I want to avoid doing in any way, shape or form. I will happily incorporate any advice posted under this topic publicly that resonates with me, but I'm going to opt not to make contact aside from the entries added to this thread.

#10     Nov 10, 2022