Prop Trading Firms in NYC

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by WinItAll, Aug 9, 2009.

1. I've been trading my own money for a few years and looking to make a move by joining a prop desk. Please let me know any positive or negative experiences you've had with the new york prop firms. Is there money up? What platform do they use? Do they pay on time? Is the company made up of beginners or experienced guys? And so on.

If you work or have worked for any of these firms please let me know that as obviously the comment would carry more weight.

Thanks guys.

2. Suggest you spend a lot of time in this category to get a feel for what you are up against.

3. If anyone could provide me with more details than see what your up against it would be appreciated.

4. PENNILESS AUTHOR HAS NOW UP STARTED 4+ SEPARATE THREADS TRYING TO MUCK FOR FREE CONTENT FOR "BOOK". DOES NOT BOTHER TO MENTION THIS FACT...

5. l2tradr

l2tradr

I don't know who's more of a dimwit, the guy who wants to write a book and his source of content is 4-5 separate threads on an anonymous board (a book that he would probably get SUED for) or the mall cop that follows him in every thread....

This place is going nowhere fast, ELITE it certainly isn't anymore :(

6. He's obviously a big time trader, I mean don't most successful guys continually try and bash people they don't know during the first 45 min of the trading day. Myself, I usually make money during that time period but obviously posting comments on all my threads is a major priority of his.

The guy is a joke.

And I wouldn't get sued, I'm looking for people who have something interesting to say that would be anonymosly sourced in a book. It's just for a section at the end, the rest of the book is done. And obviously I would compensate anyone whose story I would use.

7. win it all.. no offense but prop firms are a joke. if you were any good you would be wroking your own money. Generic trading will let you prop but you must have a documented track record.

8. They probably would if they were still in business and not called Madison capital now. For your information I run a trading group energy and equities. But thanks for letting me know about a firm that hasn't existed for years. They also charge a penny to a share which you were probably dumb enough to pay for.

9. Surdo

Surdo

Wasn't Generic Trading (Carlin) sold to RBC in late 2006, you mook?

Maybe you can get Leo and Domi-Bro from Worldco out of retirement!

10. zdreg

zdreg

use search button.

which is it are u writing a book or are you trying to get a job?

#10     Aug 13, 2009