Prop Firms in Calgary

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Caligo, Jul 17, 2007.

1. Caligo

Caligo

So I ran across this thread and I notice a lot of Swifttrade bashing. I'm just curious if anyone knows other firms in the Calgary area that will train you like Swifttrade does.

I understand people might not like the fee scheme there, but isn't it a good place to learn?

2. nhawkin

nhawkin

3. Caligo

Caligo

Does anyone have any experience with this company?

4. Caligo

Caligo

That is a very short-sighted conspiracy theory. If I wanted to spam the boards with advertisements I wouldn't mention the competition at all.

If I was talking to myself why would I ask myself about the company?

If you want to stop trolling and actually give a newbie some feedback on local prop traders please feel free.

5. You have to admit the whole beginning of the thread ( a brand new poster asks a question about a firm and then like magic another brand new poster responds come on!!!) has been done to death on here so people are very cynical.

6. Caligo

Caligo

Maybe there is a dude from title trading that surfs the boards and wanted to plug his company, but don't bring me into it. I got interested in day-trading, went to check out Swifttrade and it doesn't look bad. Even after reading all of the stuff on these forums I still want to give it a shot. However I do not want to wait until September to be able to get training. I can learn all I want using textbook on my own time but that doesn't change the fact I won't get to experience real trading for 2 months.

7. Their training (a friend did it) consists of you following one stock his was Texas Instruments and watching T&S and level 2 trying to make 3 cents and not to lose more than 3 cents get on a sim follow that and their is your training in a nut shell.

8. Caligo

Caligo

Serious guy, get over it. I understand shit like this happens, but I wouldn't sticking around to argue with you unless I wanted some ACTUAL information. If you have nothing further to contribute you can piss off.

9. Caligo

Caligo

Is that bad? Is this what you'd consider "scalping"? Do you know if it costs anything? How it compares to Swifttrade's training?

10. Caligo

Caligo

The Swifttrade place said they ask for $190ish so that people don't sign up for free training and then leave. It sounds rather nominal to me considering you'll most likely be losing their money right off the bat anyways; but what do I know?

#10     Jul 18, 2007