Prop firm without day-trading?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by archeolog108, Aug 30, 2017.

1. Hi

I am using diversified strategy (about 24 instruments - futures) where average holding period is 10 days.

Total CAGR is 79% and Drawdown is 19% in the last 7 years.Of course I can scale down the risk. CAGR/DD will be around 4.

Would any prop firm be interested in me trading their money? I need more capital to speed up compounding....

Last edited: Aug 30, 2017
  2. If you started with a measly $10,000 seven years ago you would have almost $600,000 now.
    You should be worth 8 figures soon.

apo99 likes this.
  3. I don't have measly 10000 USD. Only about 1000 USD.

4. USDJPY

USDJPY

How do you trade 24 instruments with $1,000?

Clubber Lang and Overnight like this.
  5. Overnight

Overnight

The only way I can see this happening (and it is a stretch here) is using margin credits on spreads. Otherwise, it is BS.

DeltaRisk likes this.
  6. lindq

lindq

Gosh, I may be wrong here, you know, but I'm thinking that you may not want to lead off your presentation with the fact that you have been trading a diversified strategy for seven years and have a thousand bucks to show for your efforts.

7out, VPhantom, yiehom and 2 others like this.
  7. Grasshopper; I think you forgot to mention the paper trading part!:D

8. motif

motif

Ironically, I just recently saw an advertisement at a job site for traders in Boston. Maverick Trading.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2017
  9. DeltaRisk

DeltaRisk

Can't do it correctly without PM or RBH.

If the guy is trusting SPAN, he is going to have hell to pay.

10. birzos

birzos

Who doesn't want faster compounding, from the way your post is structured looks like you ran a backtest on 7years of data, not actual trading, if only it were that simple. The direct answer, not a chance, why don't you put your strategy on one of the social networking sites and build up a reputation, the only other way is to drop to low timeframe trading but that's a whole other ball game.

#10     Sep 6, 2017