Proof that scalpers can make money

Discussion in 'Journals' started by QTrader20, Nov 19, 2020.

1. QTrader20

QTrader20

Too many naysayers here claimed and laughed that it's impossible to day trading, leave along scalping. I want to demonstrate that it's possible if you can think outside the box, make commitments and working hard toward your goals or else, you'll fail like them. Don't let these people to discourage you because they fail for a reason and blame it on something or someone else.

It took many years of extreme hard work to build and refine my trading system so I can begin to make money. After commisions + monthly data fees, I've almost doubling my trading account with REAL money (check my blotter that I took with my cellphone) within past two months by using a) 1-contract to trade without over-leveraging, b) no home run trades because I obey enter and exit rules, c) no scale up or down for each long or short position, d) I trade very conservative with this account where I even took a pause on this account from election days, and e) I try to keep my emotional in check this year while trading after passing loved ones early this year due to Covid-19 where I feel like I'm developing PTSD symptom.

I also made proof on ET last month that it only took me ~ 8 to 9 days to meet profit targets (instead of 15 trading days required by funding companies like Earn2Trade) to pass their combines.

I feel proud of myself that a) a guy like me with poor english as it's my 4th and last language to learn and yet, I can read and gain benefits from many dozens of english trading books or online materials, b) I never give up for over a decade while working between jobs despite many times I felt hopeless, c) I never blame on anything except trying to think outside the box to see if I can improve each mistake.

I like what @AbbotAle said about trading and I'll re-quote it here:

Most people will lose money very fast in this game whether they scalp or do any other form of trading.

Reason? Sadly most people are real dopes ESPECIALLY the one's under 25 years old. They rush into the game, understand little, know even less, and above all don't realise that the people they're trading against have often taken years to perfect their craft.
    As an analogy read a few books on the Law then go up against some heavyset lawyers in court and see how you get on. To say you'll be laughed out of court is a gross understatement.

No different with trading but so many think they'll be able to not only match the heavyset traders but take money from them (overtime).

If you want to get into trading and make a real go at it, be prepared to spend YEARS on your craft otherwise it's almost certain that your money will gravitate to the people who have taken the time...

Untitled.png

Untitled2.png

Untitled3.png

Laissez Faire, Huyang, yc47ib and 9 others like this.
  2. So..... 2 months of trading and you already conquered trading and on your way to being a millionaire.....

good for you.....keep posting blotters EVERY SINGLE DAY FOR A YEAR.

3. Overnight

Overnight

Looks like NT7. I know that journaling well. Details are missing, like entry and exit prices, and exit times.

QTrader20 likes this.
  4. I may have misunderstood your numbers, but:

1. Commission is zero.
    2. Sharpe Ratio after 51 trades is exactly 1.00 for both your long and short trades, which is, errm, unusual?
    3. Cumulative Profit is 1.46% so less than buy and hold over many 2-month periods.

5. Overnight

Overnight

It's a Ninja thing?

harpeonNinja.JPG

6. Snuskpelle

Snuskpelle

Congrats, please keep it up for a few years before claiming final victory though.

QTrader20 likes this.
  7. Overnight

Overnight

I do it only weekly, or less if there are no trades to show for that weekly update. Overman bad?

8. Big AAPL

Big AAPL

Your commission shows me that this is SIM. I don't care because executions on Ninja are as realistic as it gets, I am still impressed because I am a scalper as well. Only because I have a low tolerance for drawdown and prefer to limit my exposure to this volatile market as well. Please tell me you do not have enforce immediate fills checked in the options box.

9. Overnight

Overnight

That's not necessarily true. NT7, unless you trade directly though Ninja Brokerage, does not calculate commissions. That he has exclamation points in the account name means it is a real account, because you cannot have an exclamation point in a sim account on NT7.

There's a way to set it up (commission costs) for your particular broker so it will display in the summary, and I tried it once. It didn't work. NT7 journaling is absolute shit in some ways. That is one of them.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2020
    QTrader20 and Big AAPL like this.
  10. Big AAPL

Big AAPL

My bads....

#10     Nov 19, 2020