Professional Intraday Traders: +days before a -day?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by ps0013, Feb 20, 2019.

1. ps0013

ps0013

Professional Intraday Traders, those who actually make a living at this on a daily basis... Approximately how many profitable days in row do you have on average before you log a losing day? To make a living at intraday trading, I am already assuming your winning trades are either greater in number or greater in profit. Or how many losing days do you have per week or per month. As someone who is trying to climb the ladder it would be helpful. Thanks.

SimpleMeLike likes this.
  2. Amount of Up or down days is a pointless question.
    You could lose $1k/day for two weeks and then make $100k and you’re having a good month (well, except for you super ET’ers who make 10 figures or more a year).

Concentrate on keeping your losses small and everything else will work itself out over time

3. NQurious

NQurious

I know this question is important to you right now. With all due respect, however, it is not the question you should be asking. Focus on developing your trading plan based on properly back tested set ups and money management rules. Then focus on trading your plan fearlessly with absolutely no second-guessing of your set ups when they appear (easier said than done for many, I assure you). Do this, and your losing days will be few, and your profits so large a losing day will have little if any emotional impact upon you.

Don't do this and you're screwed.

4. You can have every day profitable day until you fuck you brain up,voluntarily.

SimpleMeLike and Visaria like this.
  5. Handle123

Handle123

I don't see this as being helpful, it is more like you want to be a dreamer, some of us have decades of experience. So how are you going to be able to use our experience to make justified "bets"?

Concentrate on getting to low losing percentages, try to make more than risk, the less of losing % you can increase size.

CSEtrader and S-Trader like this.
  6. NQurious, you are 1000% right on this part. The key word is fearlessly.

To the OP, NQurious offered great advice. Trust me on this part, as I am struggling with that fearlessly part my self.

7. ps0013, please don't worry on number of wins and losses. It doesn't matter.

From my experience (which is limited and still battling in the trenches) focus on trading what your eyes see and trade fearlessly and taking notes per day.