problem with tickers request in IB Gateway

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by travis, Apr 9, 2014.

1. travis

travis

I have the latest version, and, after running IB Gateway for a few days, in conjunction with excel DDE, I have a problem with the "tickers" requests. They work fine only if I have a relatively fresh IB Gateway session. After a few days, on the "tickers" sheet, High, Low and Close are not showing any longer, and unless I reboot IB Gateway, there is no way to make them appear again. Did anyone have the same problem and did you solve it?

2. travis

travis

Here's more information about the problem I am having (sometimes a few quotes work, sometimes none):

View attachment 145118

If I reboot IB Gateway, everything works perfectly again, but I don't want to have to reboot it once a day, or this defeats the purpose of it.

3. travis

travis

Good news today. I still haven't rebooted IB Gateway and yet now the tickers columns all work perfectly fine:

View attachment 145164

This issue might have something to do with having requested tickers too many times, although I never had any problems with tickers requests (I only have 16 symbols).

What might have solved the issue is either the server reboot or that I disabled (via VBA) extra requests if tickers are working fine (I used to have in place 3 requests per day).