Pro FX Traders

Discussion in 'Forex' started by 322170, Oct 11, 2009.

1. 322170

HotSpot now requires a minimum account balance of $1million to trade with them.

Is anybody FX trading using an ECN type platform and if so how’s the experience?

I realize that these types of platforms are mainly for intuitions and may require larger capitol deposits and bigger trade minimums however, if you could please provide me with some info that would be great.

Thanks!

2. siki13

siki13

Just like that?
    They went from ~100k to 1million?
    Did they at least bettered they service in
    some way,
    because if i remember correctly some
    people here were rather disappointed with them?

3. TRS

TRS

MF Global (Australian division) have acct min of $50,000.
    Check MF G as pertains to you.
    Disclaimer: I have account with MF Global.
    Edit: MB Trading offer ECN Trading for min acct balance $400.

4. 322170

Just like that?
    They went from ~100k to 1million?
    Did they at least bettered they service in
    some way,
    because if i remember correctly some
    people here were rather disappointed with them?

No, I had no problem with them and was really impressed with both their platform and support. Easy to use and great fills.

5. cstfx

cstfx

You can get HotspotFXi access thru a number of brokers. I have an account trading futures with Advantage but they also offer HS access using their prime account with JPM. Minimum to open is 50k and fees start at 20/mil.

6. Do you know what the typical spreads are on Hotspotfxi for EUR/USD, USD/JPY, and EUR/JPY? Thanks.

7. cstfx

cstfx

Typical on the majors? .3 to .7 to 1 pip during prime times occassionally you would see zero, but as you know, that would probably be just a flash bid or ask. Generally, you would be getting filled with less than 1 pip on EUR and JPY and 1 to 1.5 on cable during those prime times.