Predicting Intraday Movement 1 Week in Advance

Discussion in 'Journals' started by stockpredictor, Oct 4, 2020.

1. If a day’s open on

DJX is above 281.47, long when hit

DJX is above 262.86, long when hit

SPY is above 242.58, long when hit

/RTY is above 1593.60, long when hit (Cash Open)

/RTY is under 1616.60, short when hit (Cash Open)

AMD is under 73.86, short when hit

AMD is above 86.97, long when hit

AAPL is under 124.85, short when hit

AAPL is under 99.27, long when hit

NVDA is above 537.57, long when hit

NVDA is under 515.37, short when hit

NFLX is under 466.46, short when hit

NFLX is above 525.55, long when hit

CAT is above 137.88, long when hit

BIDU is above 128.28, long when hit

BIDU is above 113.27, long when hit

BABA is above 276.03, long when hit

BMY is under 61, short when hit

JNJ is under 143.60, short when hit

JNJ is above 154.23, long when hit

TWTR is above 46.76, long when hit

TWTR is above 40.14, long when hit

JD is under 72.77, short when hit

TSLA is above 334.80, long when hit

TSLA is above 458.90, long when hit

UAL is under 30.72, short when hit

UAL is above 40.19, long when hit

BA is above 185.19, long when hit

BA is above 128.97, long when hit

FB is above 241.27, long when hit

SNAP is above 25.94, long when hit

SNAP is above 24.86, long when hit

VIX is above 23, long when hit

I've attached an example image on how to use these predictions. You can see that the Dow Jones opened ABOVE the level, and moved down to hit the level. It then reversed from there. This strategy typically works 80-90% of the time, regardless of market conditions. The signal can occur any time, any day, during next week. Watch and be amazed :)

• dow.png
      dow.png
      File size:
      284.8 KB
      Views:
    birdman and Onra like this.
  2. SanMiguel

SanMiguel

Homer Simpson

KCalhoun likes this.
  3. What a fuckin idiot. Your naivete is astounding

4. Anyone else who thinks I'm an idiot, go right ahead and leave a comment. I've got my gloating speech already written out for Friday afternoon.

5. whatever happens is pure luck

6. I guess I've been lucky for 3 years straight, then.

beginner66 likes this.
  7. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

Literally lol, thx

OP, what are your trade mgmt rules re initial sl/stop loss on each call? Good luck! I'm actually rooting for you, though a bit skeptical - at least you're making specific calls .

Last edited: Oct 4, 2020
  8. If the signal is elected and goes in my favor, I will typically close over half of the position after the first 5 min candle of profit and let the rest run. If the runner goes against me, I'll get out just beyond the previous short term price extreme. If it is a strong candle in my favor, I just hold the whole thing until around the first 1 min candle goes against me or so. If it goes against me strongly in the 5 minutes, I'll close the trade at just beyond the next price extreme or set it at break even, whatever comes first. Often, I will let a simultaneous index hit (that is, multiple signals elected at the same time with one being an index) run longer if it goes in my favor.

KCalhoun likes this.
  9. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

That's a very well thought-out post and it makes sense. I like that you're using half position scaling with specific candle price action rules... well done! You articulated a specific strategy with rules that are clear.

I actually really like your 1 and 5 minute rule, it's brilliant. I'll even test it myself. fwiw I'm hard af to impress, kudos

Welcome to ET -- and good trading.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2020
    stockpredictor likes this.
  10. Thanks, much appreciated. I'm certain there are better ways to manage the r:r though. There are certain recurrent properties of these levels that I haven't tested. For example, this BA trade was longed on the first candle of the day, and went straight down. It went back to breakeven, but only barely. I call this the anchor theory- price will return to the signal level as a price flip (support becomes resistance, etc) This was actually the case on Friday as well with this SPY trade. Does this phenomenon occur mainly during early morning? Should level reversions be used instead of taking it as a normal trade instead? If so, the next closest index can be used to time the movement. There are various other phenomena that can be objectively quantified. All my levels are noted in advance, as they keep moving along them even years later- I've shown it in this 15 min SPY chart. Although this thread was mainly for intraday predictions, I can do longer term ones to predict trends using a related methodology- I did not do so because those opportunities for swings do not occur as often. However, one can see that the levels capture the bulk of the move with relatively low drawdowns using swing strategies.

#10     Oct 4, 2020
    KCalhoun likes this.