Pre market

Discussion in 'ETFs' started by minmike, Sep 18, 2018.

1. minmike

minmike

How active are etfs pre market? Are the markets deep? I'm looking at smaller etfs than the qqq and spy. Can someone put on 5-10k without real slippage?

2. DaveV

DaveV

With the exception of QQQ, SPY, and a couple others, the spread will be wide. However, the closer you get to the 09:30 open, the narrower the spreads become.

3. marcolo17

marcolo17

When will the next bear market come?

4. minmike

minmike

Interesting thanks. If you put in orders mid market do you believe you would get filled pretty quick or is there just no interest premarket? 7-8 cst.

5. DaveV

DaveV

If by "mid market" you mean halfway between the bid and ask, then there is a good chance. But you have to be much more careful in the premarket than during Regular Trading Hours. In RTH, you are somewhat protected by the narrower bid/ask spread, and that most of the news has been factored in. In premarket, unless you are following all the company news, earnings announcements, upgrades/downgrades, price changes in oil & commodities, interest rates, etc. you could get badly burned when the regular market opens.

6. minmike

minmike

Got it. Thanks. I trade a system in futures where I take some of the trades pre market. I was curious how transferable it would be.

7. marcolo17

marcolo17

Can someone provide a short list with legit brokers with low fees and commissions on trading that are licensed in Europe?

8. DaveV

DaveV

You have a better chance of getting replies if you start a new thread for these questions that are totally unrelated to the current topic.