Powerfull - must see about clash of civilizations

Discussion in 'Politics' started by andrasnm, Mar 9, 2006.

1. wow that woman has courage. i nominate her for president of iraq.

2. If you paint the rag-head priest white. He could very well be Pat Robertson. The lady is correct. Religious fundamentalism is the root of all evil. Where is the rest of it? The language the way she says it sounds poetic.

3. that lady was great.. she should be president of the usa imo

4. traderob

traderob

That is great. How do I save the track to my computer?

5. On February 21, 2006, MEMRITV released a clip featuring an interview with Arab-American psychologist Wafa Sultan on Al-Jazeera TV. During the interview, Dr.Ibrahim Al-Khouli accused Sultan of being a "heretic" for attacking current aspects of Islamic society.

http://www.memritv.org/search.asp?ACT=S9&P1=1050

Following the release of this clip, Bassam Darwish, editor of the reformist website www.annaqed.com, posted a February 28, 2006 report by AFP stating that a Friday sermon in Damascus had harshly criticized her appearance on Al-Jazeera: "[Syrian human rights activist Anwar] Al-Bouni reports that one of the sheikhs described Wafa Sultan as 'an infidel,' accusing her of 'harming Islam more than it was harmed by the cartoons of the Prophet Muhammad, recently published in European newspapers.'

"According to Al-Bouni, 'the Syrian authorities began to use the weapon of the official religion as a new tool to oppress society... It is no longer enough for them to arrest activists, to terrorize them, and to prevent them from traveling, but now they recruit against them the pulpits of takfir [accusing other Muslims of heresy] and takhwin [accusing Muslims of treachery].' He described this policy as dangerous and destructive."

-----------------------------------------------------------------

When I first saw this clip, I couldn't believe that it was broadcast on Al-Jazeera, or that an Arab, let alone a woman, would have the cojones to say what she says.

As it turns out, she's Arab-American. That explains it.......

6. Does that mean we can not put Arab-Americans in concentration camps anymore?

She has another clip on there. She is really eloquent. As are all educated secular individuals.

http://www.memritv.org/Search.asp?ACT=S1#

Quote from hapaboy:
    On February 21, 2006, MEMRITV released a clip featuring an interview with Arab-American psychologist Wafa Sultan on Al-Jazeera TV. During the interview, Dr.Ibrahim Al-Khouli accused Sultan of being a "heretic" for attacking current aspects of Islamic society.

http://www.memritv.org/search.asp?ACT=S9&P1=1050

Following the release of this clip, Bassam Darwish, editor of the reformist website www.annaqed.com, posted a February 28, 2006 report by AFP stating that a Friday sermon in Damascus had harshly criticized her appearance on Al-Jazeera: "[Syrian human rights activist Anwar] Al-Bouni reports that one of the sheikhs described Wafa Sultan as 'an infidel,' accusing her of 'harming Islam more than it was harmed by the cartoons of the Prophet Muhammad, recently published in European newspapers.'

"According to Al-Bouni, 'the Syrian authorities began to use the weapon of the official religion as a new tool to oppress society... It is no longer enough for them to arrest activists, to terrorize them, and to prevent them from traveling, but now they recruit against them the pulpits of takfir [accusing other Muslims of heresy] and takhwin [accusing Muslims of treachery].' He described this policy as dangerous and destructive."

-----------------------------------------------------------------

When I first saw this clip, I couldn't believe that it was broadcast on Al-Jazeera, or that an Arab, let alone a woman, would have the cojones to say what she says.

As it turns out, she's Arab-American. That explains it.......

7. traderob

traderob

http://www.annaqed.com/english/politics/a_fearless_arab_american.html
    Washington Times' Editorial
    3/4/06

To judge by her appearances on al Jazeera, Los Angeles psychologist Wafa Sultan is the very definition of fearlessness.

Face-to-face with radical Islamists before millions of potentially hostile viewers around the Arab world, Ms. Sultan -- a secular Arab American fluent in Arabic -- does not flinch when called a heretic and a blasphemer. For all we know, she is endangering her life.

Her latest appearance took place Feb. 21, when Ms. Sultan engaged the Egyptian cleric Ibrahim Al-Khouli in a live debate about the "clash of civilizations" on the talk show "The Other Direction" on al Jazeera TV. The transcript and subtitled video are available in English (www.memri.org). "The clash we are witnessing around the world is not a clash of religions, or a clash of civilizations," she said. "It is a clash between two opposites, between two eras. It is a clash between a mentality that belongs to the Middle Ages and another mentality that belongs to the 21st century. It is a clash between civilization and backwardness, between the civilized and the primitive, between barbarity and rationality ... What we see today is not a clash of civilizations."

8. Holy shit. Check out clip #729

http://www.memritv.org/Search.asp?ACT=S5&P1=77#

I have to thank whoever posted the original link. I have watched several more of these videos and it just boggles my mind. It is a completely different culture out there. Having travelled widely, I thought I knew what was out there. These videos showed me how totally different these people are. They are cave people. These people think just like the KKK and the Religious Southern maggots. There is absolutely no difference between the two. The only difference is the rule of law protects the rest of us from the Southern religious maggots. Unlike over there, where the religious maggots actually own and operate everything. Including the law.

Do you want to know where we would be without the constitution, "liberals" and progressive minded people fighting for eveyones rights?

Just watch these video clips! wow.

9. Why do you have such disgust with people from the south?

#10     Mar 11, 2006