POLL: Relationship between entry order type and protective stop size

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by Thunderdog, Aug 15, 2007.

Please select the option that best describes your trading:

1. I use [b]limit[/b] entry orders and relatively [b]wide[/b] initial protective stops.

7 vote(s)
    24.1%
  2. I use [b]limit[/b] entry orders and relatively [b]tight[/b] initial protective stops.

12 vote(s)
    41.4%
  3. I use [b]market[/b] entry orders and relatively [b]wide[/b] initial initial protective stops.

2 vote(s)
    6.9%
  4. I use [b]market[/b] entry orders and relatively [b]tight[/b] protective stops.

8 vote(s)
    27.6%
  1. If you trade index futures intraday, please participate in this poll. I would like to see if there is a relationship between entry order type and stop size. I suspect that there probably is such a relationship. There is an allowance for subjectivity in assessment of relative stop size on the part of the respondents in this poll, so we will have to regard the results in that context.

2. A quick thanks to those of you who participated in the poll thus far. In due course, I will follow up on this poll with another, more specific one. However, for now, I would just like to get some more poll participation.

Of course, any comments you may have would be much appreciated.

3. Hmm. I never really thought about it thunderdog. I generally use market orders and stops that make sense to me. (current nearby support and resistance levels). Thanks for posing the question.

Cajun