POLL: Has the ET neighborhood gone to hell?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Thunderdog, Jun 12, 2009.

Has the ET neighborhood gone to hell?

1. Yes

53 vote(s)
    81.5%
  2. No

12 vote(s)
    18.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Never mind that management at ET condones people running around with multiple screen-names, making absurd posts, let alone having one particular forum on this alleged stock trading website that generates more web-hits than any other forum, yet has absolutely NOTHING to do with the stock market.

Yeah . . . that's a great recipe for quality of content.

#31     Jun 23, 2009
  2. Hardly.

But since you are a new member, you would obviously have no idea how much better the quality of content was just a few years ago . . . as opposed to today. Believe it or not, there were actual REAL traders (scalpers, day-traders, position traders, black-box, etc.) that frequented this site and exchanged ideas and information that came from actual trading experience . . . but unfortunately Baron has done nothing to retain those once valuable ET members.

At the end of the day, that was his choice. But I suspect that advertisers are a lot smarter than using mere "web-hits" as their metric, and are no doubt in constant review of whether or not ET actually has a membership base that really trades the financial markets.

#32     Jun 23, 2009
  3. Lucrum

Lucrum

Now that you mention it, as I recall it was around July 2006 that the decline began in earnest.

#33     Jun 23, 2009
  4. Given that you just became a member less than 2 weeks ago, I find it rather surreptitious that you claim to be so "knowledgeable" about where I have made the majority of my posts.

But that doesn't surprise me, because it is obvious that you are one of these idiots that runs around ET with having more than one screen-name.

On another note, you seem to be unable to use the search engine outside of the "Politics and Religion" forum. If you did, you would notice that the majority of my posts are made elsewhere.

#34     Jun 23, 2009
  5. PENS WIN

PENS WIN

Where do 90% of your posts lie?? where is the "quality" of anything for which you have ever offered?? Please Landis show me where you have posted sometthing of substance, I am waiting. Tell me, where are your "hidden gems?"

This is eerily similar to Thunderdog saying everything has gone to shit when he has NEVER posted a single thing of value in all his thousands of posts, and it is proven he does not trade for a living. If you do not think there is anything of value then why not just move on?? Is one to assume that you just dont have a life?? I am assuming yuo have no life since you continue to cry like a little girl, yet never provide a single word of substance.

#35     Jun 23, 2009
  6. Given that you are one of the more ignorant clowns on ET, I wouldn't count on you knowing that I've been a member since September of 2002.

#36     Jun 23, 2009
  7. PENS WIN

PENS WIN

Why not post all of your "glorious blotters" against me, i am more than willing to do so, and will start a thread in chit chat.... i will more than likely miss tomorrow but why dont you regail us with your stories of infamy anyways??? You seem to be the only piker on this thread with a hostile attitude who is completely unwilling to provide proof of anything.

#37     Jun 23, 2009
  8. Here's proof, from an ET moderator no less.

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=2242115&highlight=Landis#post2242115

But thanks for stopping by and showing everyone how ignorant you are, or how ridiculously lazy you are and unable to use the search function.

#38     Jun 23, 2009
  9. Lucrum

Lucrum

So you have/had another screen name too then? With EVEN MORE posts.
    Wouldn't that make you "one of those idiots" too?

BTW, that's a rhetorical question.

:D

#39     Jun 23, 2009
  10. Given how far you've had your nose up George Bush's bum, I know that it would be highly demanding for your miniscule "pea-brain" to fathom the possibility that I have only had one screen-name at a time on ET; during two separate time periods . . . Sept-2002 to June-2004 and July-2006 to present.

Keep posting man.
    You wouldn't want to give up your ET "crown" of being the biggest CLOWN on the board. :D

#40     Jun 23, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.