Police video cam

Discussion in 'Politics' started by nitro, Aug 5, 2016.

1. nitro

nitro

Now that we have police officers starting to wear body cams, and there is a law at least in Chicago that these must be released within 60 days, let's start a journal.

Viewer discretion advised.

NOTE WELL, the shots that are heard toward the end are the ones that killed the assailant. That police officer did not record.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/05/us/chicago-police-shooting-video-release/index.html

Last edited: Aug 5, 2016
  2. nitro

nitro

Sadly, many people will die at the hands of police officers should never have been allowed on the police force due to poor psychological makeup. On the other hand, one-by-one, these guys that are inappropriate police officers will be weeded out of the system over time.

I have no idea what percentage of the time a police officer has to use lethal force. You can't wait until the criminal fires a weapon at you - it might be too late. But I suspect that there are very strict guidelines and your training on this is probably intense so that there are as few mistakes as possible.

I am sure they are being told: Always, always have your camera recording. That is your only line of defense in court. If you don't record and you kill someone, you are in big trouble. Your career is over. You will face criminal first or second degree murder charges, as well as a civil lawsuit.

3. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

So a criminal that stole a car and attempted to run over police (on camera) and got shot. Not very many decent citizens are going to feel any sympathy for the criminal. He pretty much got what he deserved.

The only thing the camera footage underlines is how difficult a cop's daily life is dealing with these criminals.

Clubber Lang likes this.
  4. Damn, those cops came out of that squad car blazing. They seemed to believe the suspect had shot at them, from what I could understand.

I was surprised at the quality of the video.

5. The black "community" will undoubtedly adopt the narrative that the police hunted that poor boy down and executed him.

I am amazed at the bravery of these officers. They go all out, jumping fences, not knowing what might be awaiting them. Fearless. In this political climate, I am surprised they are not just going through the motions. Who could blame them?

Clubber Lang likes this.
  6. Gang banging thug meets early demise. There are cases of police shooting those which shouldn't be shot, and then there's this. Conflate the two and you lose all credibility.

Clubber Lang likes this.
  7. nitro

nitro

Uh, in case you didn't notice the police officers were all removed from the CPD indefinitely, and the one that shot the kid is now a homicide case. Read the CNN article at the bottom of the original post.

Once again, the kid as on the ground, unarmed, under control. Shot in the back.

8. nitro

nitro

A black social worker called 911 because she was afraid of a cop. A violent arrest followed.

Nervous and distraught, Earledreka White did the only thing she thought she could to allay her fears after being stopped by a police officer in Houston: She called 911 to report the traffic stop and asked for police backup.

White’s voice was so shaky that she stuttered when trying to give the emergency dispatcher their location, a medical plaza parking lot outside the Loop 610 near downtown Houston. Next to her stood an officer with Houston’s Metro Police Department, waiting while she made the call in the doorway of her sedan.

“He’s saying I crossed over a solid line and I did not,” White told the dispatcher. “I got out of the car to ask him what the offense was. He raised his voice at me and threatened to arrest me. So I’m really confused. And I would like another officer to come out here.

“My heart is racing. I’m really afraid.”

Less than two minutes later, the officer reached for his handcuffs, then for White’s left wrist.

Soon, the two began shouting as White begged him to stop.

After a violent struggle, the 28-year-old African American woman was arrested, sobbing.

The charge? Resisting arrest....

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/a-...violent-arrest-followed/ar-BBvi9X2?li=BBnb7Kz

9. Why does every interaction with the police have to turn into a violent struggle with these people?

CaptainObvious likes this.
  10. So basically the cops hunted that poor boy down for no reason and executed him?

I could have sworn a black cop was leading the chase.

#10     Aug 5, 2016