Please help if you can, support via IB not great up to now

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by tradingpoker, Jul 21, 2021.

1. When I type in a stock ticker symbol, or I link my IB account from Trade ideas I always get the below option.

Please see link below. (Gives me options to choose stocks/options/CFD etc etc.

https://gyazo.com/d7e05cb6376f4ec381a1718cc5e8ac5c

I DO NOT want this, it's making my process of trading at this point go from 1 click to 2 clicks, how do I change this? (I want to go directly to stocks, not have to click stocks)

My next issue is with charts. To scroll back and forward in time you must use the scroll bar at the bottom. When using 1 min charts this is terrible, the scroll bar is so small! I want it so I can use my mouse to drag the chart from left to right. (most decent software for charts has this option)

Thank you for your time and help

kmiklas likes this.
  2. cesfx

cesfx

When using the search function, you should expect to get a list of similar names or similar instruments available.
    A way around could be to save the stock on a watchlist, or chart... so you won't have to click twice to access it.

Regarding charts, look better into timeframe, you can select them with a fixed time range (1min on 1week rabge...), or by bar frame (1min, 1hr, day...) without any fixed time range.

You should find a way if you keep exploring and playing with it.

3. Thank you for your time and help.

The search feature does not help here.

I link IB with trade ideas, also I day trade many different stocks, which means I am adding random stocks all day.

So your above fix will not help, as I need to quickly type in ticker symbol and trade asap. As I said the current set up they have means I have to do an extra click, also as I said it makes my trade ideas software not work correct.

I am shocked if IB do not have a way around this, terrible if so.

With the charts I do not think you understood what I meant. When you use 1 min time frame and want to scroll back a few days you have to use the scroll bar at the bottom of the chart. It's super small and close to impossible to use fast, when you have many charts up. Hence why I do not want a scroll bar to scroll back, I just want to drag the chart with my mouse.

Thank you again

4. traider

traider

Do some simple automation using code

5. maxinger

maxinger

IB charting limitation.
    don't waste your effort complaining.
    It is free software.

later when you are more established, go subscribe for better charting software.

easymon1 likes this.
  6. Well I am paying monthly for using IB software/data etc.

I use E signal, but trade with IB, I want to change that and just use one

7. guru

guru

Your screenshot shows that you need to press “Shift+Enter”, so why not press it?
    That’s how I select the stocks with one click.

8. maxinger

maxinger

E signal is a great charting software.
    It can do lots of things but I just use the basic feature.

IB trading platform. good thing about it is that you can trade thousands of things.
    There are other trading platforms that have other great features like
    1 click function, very user-friendly....

it is good to explore other trading platforms.

easymon1 likes this.

9. That does not make sense.

The process is I write the ticker sym in, then the options in my picture pop up. I DO NOT want those options. I want it to select stocks always at all times, it does not so I have to click stocks.

Doing what you said is the same thing as what I am doing.

Thank you for trying though

10. guru

guru

Not really, those options do not come up if you press Shift+Enter as instructed. Your own screenshot shows this.
    When I press Shift-Enter instead of Enter after typing a symbol then these options do not come up, but the symbol is simply selected immediately.
    Otherwise what would be the point of IB telling you to press Shift+Enter if nothing would be different. That’s what really wouldn’t make sense…

#10     Jul 21, 2021
    ITM_Latino and cesfx like this.