Please explain how to keep up with a fricking 7.9% inflation rate...

Discussion in 'Economics' started by kmiklas, Apr 4, 2022.

1. kmiklas

kmiklas

- A 3% raise at work is typical--if you're lucky.
    - 10yT is paying 2.4%
    - To consistently pull 8% out of the equities market qualifies you as a fund manager

Just to tread water, you have to take a lot of risk. 9% just to get ahead by 1%? Maybe junk bonds? Again... the risk. Do drug dealers issue bonds?

They flooded the system with USD, and in the process, are making us all poor!

ipatent, 322170, tomas262 and 5 others like this.
  2. easymon1

easymon1

Who benefits?

murray t turtle likes this.
  3. Millionaire

Millionaire

This is Elite Trader where everyone makes >100% returns :D

Cut back in areas where you currently waste money or over consume. We had it very easy for so many years, people got very fat and lazy from over consumption, there are bound be areas where they can make savings.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2022
  4. kmiklas

kmiklas

How dare you ask me to cut my consumption? This is America Goddamnit!

5. Millionaire

Millionaire

Will probably do many Americans a lot of good. I don't see many morbidly obese people in Africa.

6. Jack1960

Jack1960

Real easy. Elite traders have 100% return. Take 8% inflation out and you are left with 92%.

kmiklas and smallfil like this.
  7. Millionaire

Millionaire

As a profitable trader, your buying power has been going down for years/decades.

The amount of stocks and re-estate and gold you can buy with your trading profits has been falling massively for decades.

Of course your existing assets are going up, but if you want to buy more assets it is going to cost you a lot more.

It does make me laugh how people have been gaslighted by the Fed, Media & Government economists, that inflation only happens when the price of items in the shops goes up.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2022
  8. Stake Luna for 12% and NEAR for 16%

9. VicBee

VicBee

Actually it doesn't matter if everyone is hit with the same 8% inflation, it's the uneven compensation adjustments that create havok.

10. maxinger

maxinger

7.9% inflation rate is relatively low.

we probably have to ask Turkey how they keep up with rising inflation.
    despite their extremely high inflation, there is no case of people dying from starvation.

#10     Apr 5, 2022
    murray t turtle likes this.