Playing safe, it that's a thing :)

Discussion in 'Forex' started by Henrique, Feb 9, 2021.

1. Henrique

Henrique

On the lookout for a trustworthy broker, for day trades with very less commissions. Not considering long term trades as I’m still into initial months.

2. ET180

ET180

If you're just getting started, why not Webull or Robinhood? Unrelated question, just curious: what brokers don't charge options trading (no per-contract fees or assignment).

3. Henrique

Henrique

So I come back to my thread and see that I can’t even write a sentence straight lol I meant “IF” playing safe is a thing. AND. @ET180 any reason you’d recommend these 2 brokers?

4. Merrill Edge - don’t charge anything for stocks and ETFs. Robinhood on the other hand will give you $0 trade on fractional shares.

5. Henrique

Henrique

My apologies for not clarifying earlier: looking at forex market for now, I feel it’s much easier for relatively new traders to enter forex than other markets. Would you suggest the same brokers for forex as well?

6. senumouv

senumouv

RH does not offer forex

7. tedmos38

tedmos38

Yes, playing safe is always recommended...for example using a SL

8. Trading 212! No commissions.

9. Again something more suited to stocks and ETFs . For forex trading they turn out to be very costly. Their spreads average around 2 pips as the commissions are built into the spreads. I have used them for trading all securities and even in peak hours I never got less than 1.9 on most pairs. I think that’s a lot for a spread cost.

10. Please don’t go for no commission brokers. They are not safe.

#10     Feb 16, 2021