Platforms for creating Options BOTS?

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by LiquidMike, Jun 16, 2021.

1. What are some of the best platforms that allow you to create BOTS to trade options (spreads as well) using technical analysis, etc.. I saw a couple standalone platforms before, but also some brokerages have some built in as well, but can't find my notes on them. I'm looking for more drop-down selection versus programming in python, etc..
    ?

thanks

2. MrMuppet

MrMuppet

Actant, Orc, OptionsCity

LiquidMike likes this.
  3. Thanks - there was another one on here that someone posted once which was a free platform to login to and create strategies visibly. I can't find my notes at all.

4. guru

guru

I think OptionAlpha partnered with or acquired some platform that was previously free while in testing.

LiquidMike likes this.
  5. Like you have said many brokerages offer API and VPS servers to upload bots and algorithms for trading. If your requirements are custom then try with individual bot platforms available on the internet. In my experience many platforms have python compatibility too.

LiquidMike likes this.
  6. NinjaTrader is a platform known for being able to easily create bots with drop-down selection and has a Strategy Builder for optimizing new strategies. The platform is more commonly known for futures trading, but can now also be used for stocks and equity options.

For example if you already have a TD Ameritrade or Interactive Brokers account, you can connect those brokerage accounts to NinjaTrader and create an options bot for stocks.

If you're serious about running a trading bot, you'll also need a trading server that can reliable run all of your critical applications 24/7 without downtime. Let me know and I can set you up with a test server.

https://ninjatrader.com/support/for...port-aa/1144387-charting-stock-options-on-nt8

LiquidMike likes this.