Plan the trade and Trade the plan - How important to be confident and disciplined

Discussion in 'Options' started by Ashok Yarlagadda, Nov 2, 2016.

1. Ashok Yarlagadda

Ashok Yarlagadda Sponsor

Key2Options was started on the basis of two fundamental beliefs - Simplicity and Value.

How do we do that?

First, we wanted to create a tool for traders who didn’t have access to computer programmers to be able to have their trading signals vetted. We have a simple trader friendly platform that lets trader’s backtest and create trading strategies without programming and remove emotion from trade execution. Key2Options answers the question, “What if I had applied investment strategy X during period Y.” Humans do not have the ability to compute large sets of data. We supply you the data and the platform necessary to make rational and vetted trades. This puts retail traders on par analyzing data like institutional traders.​

Secondly, we give members access to our Proprietary State Modeling. Finding good entry and exit points is confusing to new traders. Indicators like MACD or Bollinger Bands are subject to interpretation. State Modeling is our buy/sell indicator that uses advanced mathematics to identify price patterns and forecast Time and Price Projections (TaPP).

Options trading is more challenging than equity trading. We must not only pick the direction, we must analyze the amplitude of the move, as well as, determine the time frame of the move. State Modeling does that!

Process to create a trading strategy
    1. Analyze: set scans to search market for trades based on your criteria
    2. Create: create quantitative mode with no coding experience needed to determine What if I had applied investment strategy X during period Y.
    3. Backtest: run backtest using historical Stock and options data.
    4. Refine: Change initial parameters of your plan to find optimal trades.
    5. Trade: Trade commission free directly from the Key2Options platform through Tradier Brokerage Inc.
    Key2Options is an institutional grade software program designed to allow both retail and professional traders the ability to backtest trading strategies using historical stock and options data without having any knowledge of computer programming.

For a special price of $10 for first month - Click here

Post any questions regarding backtesting, options strategies, or questions about our proprietary Buy/Sell Indicator State Modeling on this thread

Last edited: Dec 17, 2016
  2. prc117f

prc117f

I work out my trades and plan them with an HP48 RPN calculator along with paper and pencil. It has been working for me well for years.

Also lots lots of years practicing your honing your skills. There is no shortcuts or magic involved being a successful trader.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2016