Pimco's battling brains

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Banjo, Apr 4, 2010.

1. Banjo

Banjo

2. is my namesake,Mohamed El-Erian, as good a trader as i am?

3. bighog

bighog Guest

El-Erian conducts the meeting like a professor trying to tease information out of students.

"Anybody wish to disagree with the hypothesis that I just put forward?" he asks at one point. His goal is simple, he said later.

"When your job is to deliver investment performance, it means you have to stay ahead of the crowd, and that means you question all the time," he said. "You don't take things for granted."

Seated to El-Erian's right is Gross, the elder statesman of the bond-fund industry.

A ubiquitous media presence recognizable by the signature unknotted tie that he drapes over his shirt collar, Gross is typically soft-spoken. But he grows animated when dissatisfied with an answer from a younger colleague.

"That isn't what I asked," Gross snapped at one point to a London-based manager. "You tend to obfuscate immediately in terms of what I ask."

....................................................................................................

Bond guys are deeper thinkers than stock guys, always have been, always will be, always MUST be. Stock guys, aside from the rare standout in general are followers and basically braindead when it comes to macro economics. What the stock guys know for sure is nothing more than stocks go up at least temp as long as they can find new fools to buy the garbage they spiel.

Bond guys are "THINKERS". Bill Gross is a hero of mine, he came out of the Navy i think and did what he did by being a regular guy.

Easter Bunny is over..............time to get back to work. :)

PIMCO: "Do not be fooled by just what you know" or as Bob Dylan would say: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEzoH_wLpmM&feature=related