People who got rich from doing dumb things

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Pension_Admin, Jan 17, 2010.

1. From what I have seen, there are quite many rich peoples who got rich from doing things that seem dumb.

Examples:

People got rich by throwing their bodies around and acting like fools - wrestlers

People got rich by being weird and display her bad fashion sense - Lady GaGa

People got rich by throwing/kicking a ball around - most sport players

People got rich by telling people how to be successful (especially when he wasn't successful to begin with) - Tony Robbins

People got rich by making bad movies - Michael Bay

One thing they all have in common: They all share their dumb things with the world.

Please add to the list if you have more.

Thanks!

PA

2. The moral of the story is: do what you like and try to find a way to get paid for it.

3. your moral is a story for loosers. why should doing what you like be a sure way to a payoff?

just a bit more research and planning than that is in order :D

4. Spot on. Theres become an inverse relationship between Work and income. Of course you're never going to get anyone to admit that what they do isn't work. Even actors will try to tell you that what they do is work ...but c'mon. Go to school so you can become a talking head expert at something ...anything and get paraded around your rolodex, maybe even write a book and get interviewed by Charlie Rose.

5. If its so dumb, why aren't you doing it :D :D

6. Supermodel is another pointless profession.

7. Well duh. :D I like to shoot the shit on message boards, trade stocks, take a nap, not open my mail if I don't want to, these are the things I LIKE to do . Ta da, I found a way to get paid for it. Don't ask how or I'll... I'll... double up on my jokes.:D

8. In your humility you forgot "Im the most interesting man in the world" too :D

9. I just might! Life is too short to not explore around.

10. WOULD YOU'D RATHER BE RICH WITH A 99IQ OR WOULD YOU RATHER BE VERY SMART? I MEAN VERY VERY SMART, A PRODIGY AND TAKE YOUR CHANCES :D

#10     Jan 17, 2010