Pence raising suspicions of Trump base

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Good1, Feb 21, 2017.

1. Good1

Good1

I didn't buy the story of how Flynn didn't tell Pence everything about his conversations with a Russian ambassador ABOUT SANCTIONS.

I do buy the story of how Flynn didn't tell Pence everything about other phone conversations about a list of people involved in #pizzagate, where a friend of Pence appears on the list.

Now, McCain has gone to Munich to say some stupid things.

But Pence also went to the same Munich meeting to say some stupid things.

Then Pence went to Brussels to say some more stupid things!

Add to that Trump's picking a bone of contention with Putin over Crimea.

This is all very disconcerting for the base.

2. Tony Stark

Tony Stark

I'm a lefty who hopes Trump doesn't resign or isn't impeached.I'd rather Trump in office than Pence or Ryan.

Its not inconceivable to me that Pence would work behind the scenes with establishment Republicans to remove Trump from office.

3. java

java

Did you ask the base? I'm the base. I'm not bothered. You are.

4. Good1

Good1

I wonder if Bannon is bothered:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-02-21/bannon-breaks-pence-delivers-warning-europe

"
    "Two days ago, when describing the two opposing foreign policy tracks emerging within Trump's administration (which led to disappointment inside Russia, which was hoping for a more aggressive detente between Putin and Trump), we said that "there are two clear axes developing within the Trump administration: a Pence/Mattis/Haley foreign policy and a Trump/Bannon/Miller foreign policy."

As a reminder, over the weekend first Secretary of Defense Jim Mattis and then Vice President Mike Pence assured participants at the Munich Security Conference that Trump would "hold Russia accountable" and vowed "unwavering support" to both NATO and EU.

Today, confirming that there is indeed a schism when it comes to the administration's diplomatic objectives, Reuters writes that in the week before VP Mike Pence visited Brussels and pledged America's "steadfast and enduring" commitment to the European Union, Trump's chief strategist Steve Bannon met with the German ambassador and delivered a different message. Bannon, according to Reuters' sources, signaled to Germany's ambassador to Washington that he viewed the EU as a flawed construct and favoured conducting relations with Europe on a bilateral basis.

In other words, Bannon voiced the same conerns made by others about the sustainability of the European experiment, if not in polite company, and was preparing how to address Europe's "failure" through bilateral trade treaties, the same as the recently "free" UK is doing currently with all of its former trading partners."
    "

5. Cuddles

Cuddles

I'm a fiscal conservative so I want Trump removed along w/his cabal of know-nothings. Pence seems even keeled except for the anti-gay stuff that he probably wouldn't even touch anyway. It did occur to me that Pence could pull a House of Cards on Trump w/enough support.

6. Good1

Good1

Now Reuters has picked it up.

Apparently, Bannon spoke first, and Pence didn't get the memo. I see a pattern.

On the campaign trial, Pence said god comes before everything else. If memory serves, high office was third in his priorities. So he's Pastor Pence to me.

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN1601DS

7. Good1

Good1

Here's an another interesting source that says Flynn was fired cause he was interested in going after a list of pedos with Pence's best friend on it. Pence got jittery when he found out about the list through another source besides Pence.

If you can get past Alex Jones' hair trigger interruption reflexes, it may be possible to hear this guy present an interesting angle, and present a solution too.

8. Zzzz1

Zzzz1

I think you are precisely right. Pence was installed in order for the base to have a voice all the way up.

9. Good1

Good1

What's the law on the President replacing the Vice? Anybody know?

I think it's a very bad omen that two lefties think the current line-up is a good thing.

10. Zzzz1

Zzzz1

You should rather ask what the possibilities are for the vice to replace the emperor. Because I think that is what the base is ultimately shooting for.

#10     Feb 23, 2017