Pegged to Volatility order not working on TWS......

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by congrats, Feb 5, 2020.

1. congrats

congrats

I have used pegged to volatility order type in the past on TWS. It used to work very good for option trading. https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=14735

Today morning it didn't work while sending an order. It pops up a message saying, "Please review the order details. There is an attempt to apply an invalid price."
    Anybody aware of such problem while submitting "pegged to volatility order" on TWS?

I definitely need help from TWS guys in this forum.

2. Which TWS version are you using?

3. congrats

congrats

Stable, not the latest.
    Does TWS version has to do anything with its order types?

4. Usually not, but I read about multiple problems with the version which was released yesterday that I thought it could be worthwhile to mention which version you are using.

5. I haven’t used that order type, but that error sounds like what can happen if you (or the algo) tries to enter a limit price with more decimals than the underlying market allows. For example, if you tried to place a buy order for a stock at $10.151 when only penny increments are allowed. Maybe for the options, something similar is happening, perhaps if the options recently switched from nickels to penny increments?

6. congrats

congrats

TWS build 972.1x (STABLE) still needs attention from TWS developer team.

Order Ticket (Volatility) and Option Trader do not populate "Volatility and Analytics" settings (Reference Price Type and Volatility) from TWS Global Configuration.

IBKR need to fix this issue in order to make the Volatility order function appropriately. Any IBKR/TWS technical support guys @IB-AN @dst @def in this group, you are most welcome to make this volatility order type feature functional within TWS.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2020