paying more commission for more leverage? what you think?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by bla88, May 24, 2011.

1. bla88

bla88

Hello guys, well i'm starting to trade and to be blunt, i don't have a lot of money to trade the positions that i want to. So my question is, would you pay a low commission and get 20 times leverage or would you pay a higher commission to get a bigger leverage at 100 times? the lower commission for a batch of 100k is about 3 bux each way compaired to about 13 bux for the larger leverage. i wish to trade like 300k at a time but like i said i don't have a bit bankroll. so would you suck it up or not? thanks for your inputs.

2. When you're starting out it's always best to trade small. To be successful you first have to learn how to survive.

3. How good are you at trading?

4. bla88

bla88

well so far i'm able to get a 3.5k acct to 4.3k in two days.

5. bla88

bla88

I think that i'm alright, i mean with that kinda price i still am able to make money from my trades most of the time. usually trade with a batch of 30k or 50k.... so far in two days i've been able to push up my profit for about $700 but i've been trading around the clock. as i do both the usa and asia market.

6. bla88

bla88

i think i'm alright, most of my trades so far has been pretty good. so far i've been able to trade lots of about 30k to50k and using a 3500 acct i've been able to make about 700 in two days.

7. Maverick74

Maverick74

I've got great news for you. At 100 to 1 leverage, you won't have to worry about commissions!

8. bla88

bla88

yeah so pretty much i'm paying for using the leverage, just wondering what you guys thought, would you rather not trade a big lot and only trade 5k instead of 50k?

9. Maverick74

Maverick74

OK, I guess that went over your head. Let me say it differently. At 100 to 1 leverage, you will blow out your account so commissions become a moot point.

10. bla88

bla88

oh.. ok i get what you saying now..

#10     May 25, 2011