Part 2, Why no one will post which prop firm to join

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by gpstrade, Feb 15, 2012.

1. gpstrade

gpstrade

Well after 14 pages, 80 replys posting, not much to go on for a good safe prop firm, 2-3 Props mentioned. I really do not understand why someone does not talk about where they trade and are happy. Let's try a different approach.
    Prop is for experience traders not newbees please.
    Will you post where you trade, If good enough for you then I will look into for myself.
    I did contact
    CTG (Capital traders Group),Need License 56

2. How much capital are you looking to put up & what type of securities are you interested in trading? "recommend a prop firm" is pretty vague, considering they come in literally dozens of different business models.

if this is regarding the first part of the thread with the $1500 deposit and 30 cents per 1k. You are not going to find a better deal than that for trading your own capital & I'm assuming those type of deposits and rates won't be around long once this Volcker thing takes effect and strips liquidity out of the market.

For deposits you can try

CY Group
    Capital Traders Group
    JC
    WTS
    Broad St
    Lake ST
    Dimension
    Echo Trade
    ProTrade
    International Brokers
    BidHitter
    Coastal

If you're looking for a salaried position, try First New York, Jump Trading, Jane St., Getco

3. hitnrun

hitnrun

you keep repeating the same $ 1500.00 risk deposit training program with ctg ( wts )

The payout is 50- 70 % of profits & usually only for rebate traders on certain symbols with the 30 cents rate

That is the full picture with that training program / one style that is not for everyone

I think this guy wants name's of prop firms that they like & trust in general ?

4. hitnrun

hitnrun

FYI Your list is not accurate & up top date

dimension has been bought by wts

protrade is out of business

bidhitter is not a prop firm

most of these are groups of wts

For deposits you can try

CY Group
    Capital Traders Group
    JC
    WTS
    Broad St
    Lake ST
    Dimension
    Echo Trade
    ProTrade
    International Brokers
    BidHitter
    Coastal

5. Have you considered that maybe everyone who cares to reply or make a recommendation has already done so?

6. Listen

From what I've learned and from the interviews I've gone on, prop firms are nothing more than retail brokers who offer more leverage to avoid PDT. If u lose money, ur gone, if u profit,
    Then good. Only thing is u split profits with the prop depending on ur deal. Almost
    All props will take u if u have the capital. Even if they can tell from day 1 that u suck, if u pony up the 5K, they will take ur 5K then fire u
    Cuz u suck.

Right now I'm going with WTS because of low deposit and their Philly office is down the street from me. I know it's not a real training program
    And theydont hold u by the hand but the tradin room I'm subscribed too is very profitable and I think I can make some money.

7. cqm

cqm

with a prop firm even the account they give you can have less than 25k in it

the pattern day trader rule only effects retail customers

if you took the series 56 you'd know that

8. that is very interesting, i had no idea. i thot that each prop account had at least 25k.

but they can give u an account with 15k and u can still trade as a day trader?

9. gpstrade

gpstrade

I never said 1500 deposit. I no a prop firm is just a retail account getting around the 25k daytrading rule. I do not have 25k so I must get around this rule. 5k is no problem. I do want low desk fee or no desk fee. I am not a newbee.

10. Why would you want to go through all that trouble and getting the s7 or the 56 just so you can lose your 5000 dollars much faster than in a retail account?

#10     Feb 16, 2012