Paper trading accounts with no expry?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by jmn319, Dec 7, 2010.

1. jmn319

jmn319

I run a club that I will soon be leaving and I need to set up some paper trading accounts for 4 portfolios. The problem is a lot of brokers have a one-month expry on their paper trading accounts. Does anyone know of any paper trading accounts that are perpetual? Even better if they also support trades routed through Java.

2. katesdp

katesdp

3. jokepie

jokepie

Think or swim / Oprtions express

4. jmn319

jmn319

thanks for the responses.

katesdp - need something much more precise than updown.com, going to be running an arb model some being able to route trades or even seeing the book isn't really going to work out.

jokepie - i've been looking around all over the place for an expry on the thinkorswim but can't seem to find it. you positive it has no expry or server resets that erase history?

5. I'm not sure if it has an expiration date, but if you have a funded IB account, the associated paper trading account can run as long as you need. I had mine running for several years alongside my live account. I'm not sure if it's limited to one paper trading account per funded account, though.

6. jmn319

jmn319

TheGoonior thanks for the response. From what it looks like IB is both the most legitimate and most reliable (probably some correlation between the two but you get what I mean). The trouble is this is for a club I'm president of and I have a problem with giving access over to my PA... I'm thinking about calling them for a sponsorship - hopefully they'll bite.

7. Pekelo

Pekelo

You didn't ask for free, so C2 (collective2) is about $20 per month and you get nice statistics with it....

8. jmn319

jmn319

Pekelo - very interesting site. didn't know it existed. the only trouble is that the api is much more built up in ib and ever thinkorswim. i'd rather write my own code then conform the tools they have available.

9. jokepie

jokepie

I have ahad it for 3 yrs.. even before they were bought by Ameritrade. I had no problems

10. jmn319

jmn319

excellent thanks so much

#10     Dec 9, 2010