Panetta to lift ban on women in combat

Discussion in 'Politics' started by IMFTrader, Jan 24, 2013.

1. Well my fighting days are over so it makes me no never mind on a personal level, but I don't see this coming together in the way that some people hope it will. I guess my take on it is, be careful what you wish for. These ladies are in for a rude awakening when the shit hits the fan. They will find that fighting and dying for God, country and moms apple pie ain't all it's cracked up to be, but I'm just a old jaded Vet who just doesn't buy the company line anymore.

#21     Jan 25, 2013
  2. It will not work in my opinion, I agree. But if they want to try it, let em.

#22     Jan 25, 2013
  3. Sometimes you just have to let things not work. Yes, I know people will die, but before one joins the military, they need to know what is behind those wonderful commercials.

If they rely on the recruiter to tell them, then they get what they got coming.

#23     Jan 25, 2013
  4. That's just fricken non-sense and you know it.
    Women won't be able to keep up with the men.

But if they insist on this , the best way to do it is like they have done before, the whole unit needs to be women exclusively .

#24     Jan 25, 2013
  5. Studies will prove that even if combat were reduced to a nintendo controller women significantly under perform men.

The sad effective reality is for every woman on the front line she will take the toll on the group operations at least as bad as an injured soldier.

#25     Jan 25, 2013
  6. This is a typical response from you PT, I expected no less. Luckily, you and your ilk are relegated to the virtual world, so vent away.:D :D

#26     Jan 25, 2013
  7. Let me repeat. This has nothing to do with ordinary enlisted personnel. It's all about opening up avenues for promotion ( and by extension shutting them down for men) for some highly ambitious, probably largely lesbian female officers. Combat commands are seen as essential to promotion, and that's what this will get them.

They could care less what the effect is on the military or how many troops it gets killed. It's not like liberals are going to be serving anyway. Most don't even know anyone who has served, so they probably cannot comprehend how it would weaken a unit. After all, these are the same people who want to ban guns based on how scary they look.

#27     Jan 25, 2013
  8. Explain away if women are fit & competent for frontline duty why they shouldn't have their own units?

No reason they should be holding men back or vice versa if that's your contention.

btw: this is nothing new. I think I recall at one time you could get out of service in russia if you only had one eye . So men were blinding themselves in one eye to avoid conscription.

So what did they do, of course they created whole units of one eyed soldiers. :D :D

#28     Jan 25, 2013
  9. Nobody here thinks you graduated AIT from Benning the Home of "The Infantry School". Which is where I went to basic, AIT and Jump School.

#29     Jan 25, 2013
  10. Women should be welcome in the military, but only as professional prostitutes. It would be a patriotic thing to do, to ensure little Johnny gets laid more than just a handful of times before he gets his dick blown off by an IED :D. Think about their medals: The Red Star, for taking it up the ass. The Double Mounted Service medal, for doing two guys at once. The Distinguished 10 Star medal, for serving naked. The Exemplary Service Medal, for providing a dozen blowjobs everyday while deployed. The Bronze Orbs medal, for having fake boobs done in the name of the country.

Of course, when women become too old to make a living as an army prostitute it could be off to the glue factory for her…or, even better, off to the battle field to find land mines!

#30     Jan 25, 2013