Pairs Trading Calculation Website

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by 88888accountant, Jun 5, 2014.

1. Hi All,

Wondering if anyone knows any pairs trading websites that have really good online calculators

I am aware of Market-topology.com and buyupside.com.

Thanks in advance.

8s

2. Bob111

Bob111

to calculate what? practically every possible calculation can be done in excel.
    in order to rely on anything from some website-you have to check their calculations and data anyway. i'm wrong?

3. true,

To use excel though means you have to input all the data. Just trying to cut down on the looking time.

Do you know if Esignal lets you export data to excel? i.e. the close of each minute candle, daily candle etc?

4. Bob111

Bob111

i hate to say that,but looks like there is no shortcuts. in order to cut the time you have to automate those calculations. macro is a good starting point. you can learn how to record a macro or better yet-program in excel's VBA
    as i said-you can't rely on some random websites. and you definitely can't rely on the data. in all my calculations of whatever-i was using at least 2 data sources from different providers and use them as a cross reference. all this stuff have to be absolutely perfect.otherwise-you are just asking for troubles(and you will get them,only question-how soon). if you can eliminate errors or reduce the probability of it on your side-do it. it's a long and boring path ,but imo-it's the right one

5. MRE

MRE

6. Thanks,

I don't mind trusting other's calculations. Once I find what I'm looking for I'll do it manual anyway. Just looking for a faster way to search for opportunity.

Thanks again

7. Craig66

Craig66

Market-topology used to be much better as they provided a ranking tool which wasn't there after they made over the site.

8. Bob111

Bob111

what info you need anyway? correlation? or something else?

9. Craig66

Craig66

It was interesting to look at the market wide top ranked correlations for pairs stuff.

10. True,

I don't really know what I'm looking for, but I guess correlation would be a big one (but more like looking for trading patterns of correlation that move in and out over different time periods)

#10     Jun 7, 2014