Paid investor groups

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by andrianov, Feb 1, 2020.

1. I am new in trading and want to ask more about these paid groups(for example investor live) and youtubers
    Is there real content, or they just want to sell "trading hype" and collect subscriptions
    Because I am confused of their trading tweets"nice run", "thank you", "easy day"

2. Sekiyo

Sekiyo

They are guilty until proven innocent.
    If they sell anything they probably are guilty.

Get education for free.
    Don’t rely on anyone.
    Learn by trading.

They don’t have insider informations.
    You can find free room with great content.
    Why pay when you can get the same for free ?

Last edited: Feb 1, 2020
    qlai likes this.
  3. qlai

qlai

It used to be that to learn day trading you had to join a prop shop in a major financial hub. Internet opened this up to the world and now you can get a glimpse of how people trade live. That's awesome. Of course there will be good and bad, that's the nature of internet. Of course people will try to sell you stuff, but no different from any other industry.
    My advice would be :
    1. Make sure they trade live. It's important to see how they get out of difficult situations.
    2. Make sure your personality and believes about markets matches theirs and style suits you.
    3. Understand that, just because they can teach you what to do, it doesn't mean you will be able to replicate their performance (assuming it's even real).

Welcome to the purgatory.

4. Pekelo

Pekelo

Here is a website for you: collective2.com

1. You can practice here trading on a sim instead of wasting your money until you are profitable at least on a sim. First 2 weeks is free.
    2. They have "investor clubs" if you wish (well, traders in plain English) with track records. So if you just want to follow someone, you should be able to find a reliable and profitable one. The advantage here compared to a random internet group that the track record and trades are public. You don't just have to take their word for it.

5. themickey

themickey

Hmmmm - Investing -Trading, kind of two different beasts.
    Investing is a kind of buy and hold business.
    Investors normally rely very heavily on funnymental information while traders rely more on being a lemming. index(3).jpg

6. I see lots of these groups trading with penny stocks. Is there some pump and dump issue, or how come always they pay attention to pennystocks

7. Some people like penny stocks because you can buy lots and lots of shares. The tricky part is that most of them have very low volume making it harder to get out of them than higher volume equities.

Low volume can hamstring you particularly if you are day trading.