"Ozark" best series i have seen since breaking bad, any trader will love this.

Discussion in 'Music, Movies and TV' started by Max E., Sep 13, 2017.

1. Max E.

Max E.

Dont want to blow anything on this but basically this series is very similar to breaking bad, except that Jason Bateman plays a character who is laundering money for the cartel, so hes constantly thinking of new business ideas, and new ideas to launder the money, this is by far the best series i have seen since breaking bad, had a couple sleepless nights watching this series in the last couple weeks, It is incredible, I would highly reccomend it to anyone whose a trader.

Just like Walter White, Bateman plays a character who is a genius, who is always thinking of incredible ideas, it is really well done, im just sad it ended so quickly wish i only found it on season 3 or 4 like breaking bad, so i could keep watching.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
    ThunderThor likes this.
  2. Baron

Baron ET Founder

I enjoyed it the first couple of episodes, but as it got further along, there was way too much homo shit in there for me. I'm sure they threw that in for the shock factor, but it was over the top for me.

peilthetraveler and Max E. like this.
  3. Max E.

Max E.

I hear ya, the BJ scene was pretty shocking, Welcome to 2017, I agree, it was totally needless, but hollywood has this insistence on showing us that even far right white supremacists are gay...... What shows that you watch these days dont try to inject that shit?

Banshee was pretty good, and they featured a trannie, but they never put it in your face (pardon the pun) like that, I agree with you on this one. I got no problem with it, but i really dont want to watch that just for the shock factor.

I Dont want to ruin it for you incase you like it (the series not the homos), but i can tell you with 100% certainty, it wont be there in season 2 unless they find new homos. :D

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
    vanzandt likes this.
  4. Thanks for the warning! Probably the most useful news I've gotten here in years :D:D:rolleyes:

That series Halt and Catch Fire snuck that in early on, but fortunately they didn't pursue that storyline

5. Max E.

Max E.

Just fast foreword the bad scenes series is still worth watching if you can get past 20 minutes of shock scenes, just be prepared, cause its pretty gruesome lol.

6. Call me old fashioned but I want my sensational crime shows to feel realistic.

I think this suffered a similar fate to Breaking Bad. They had to keep expanding the shock factor and by the end of the season the things that happen have grown exponentially worse/shocking compared to how the series started. IMO, that loses some of the appeal.

Is it too much to ask for a realistic drug cartel money laundering series?!

...that aside, Bateman and Linney are very good and the show overall was entertaining, quite good really.

7. I'll give it a look. Getting ready to binge on season 2 of Narcos. I highly recommend it. Season 1 was great

Max E. likes this.
  8. Ditch

Ditch

Since I liked Breaking Bad and Narcos a lot, I thought I'd mention a couple of other series I enjoyed:
    Spartacus, though you need a high tolerance for a lot of blood, violence and sex, definitely not for young kids.
    The Bridge, a Swedish crime-show with a totally different atmosphere from American series.
    The Killing, an American adaptation of a Scandinavian crime-show.

9. Watching "The Night Of " now. Pretty good