Overseas account at Tradestation

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by 6wives, Nov 4, 2017.

1. 6wives

6wives

Hi fellas glad i found this community lots of information.
    I'm interested in opening an account with a US based broker in order to trade basic strategy in US equities options.
    Is tradestation a good place to start?How fast are their payments?

2. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

6wives,

I work for Lightspeed Trading. We offer foreign accounts for equites. options and futures starting with accounts of $25,000 USD. What do you mean by "How fast are their payments?"

3. 6wives

6wives

I have read some reviews of them and they quote some delays in payments' processing...thanks for the quick response but i think 25K is quite a big requirement for basic options strategies that don't involve selling premium.

4. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

Good luck!

5. I have never had an issue with payments if you mean a wire out or a transfer to another broker or bank. Wires have been done within 24 hours most of the time and checks have been within 5 business days for receipt within the USA and about 8 to 12 overseas to my location but I am on a small island a boat or plane ride from the nearest DHL/UPS/FEDEX. That is my experience others may have more to add.
    As Robert said, good luck.

6. zdreg

zdreg

:)
    Supporting 6wives is not easy. maybe your firm would make an exception for him as far as minimum$ requirements..

Last edited: Nov 4, 2017
    dealmaker and Marketmonkey like this.
  7. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

One for each wife? We can do $10,000 USD on Web Trader but this software does not offer option spreads or DMA and you can't DT with under $25,000. He could do a Cash account with Web Trader and trade options from the long side.

On WebTrader, minimum commission of $4.50 will be applied to any options order. Per-share equities pricing not available on WebTrader.

Marketmonkey likes this.
  8. There are much better discount brokers for foreign traders.

9. 6wives

6wives

like?whats your opinion on Sogotrade for example?

10. I have no experience with Scottrade

#10     Nov 5, 2017