Over 100 Million People in U.S. Now Receiving Some Form Of Federal Welfare

Discussion in 'Politics' started by TheDudeofLife, Aug 8, 2012.

1. Voter stupidity.

#41     Aug 10, 2012
  2. I'm sorry, but there are people who are in genuine need of some assistance. I'm more than willing to have some of my tax dollars go for that cause. What I don't want is a government that facilitates needy behavior. There should be strict guidelines for any assistance received, but assistance should be available to those in need.

#42     Aug 10, 2012
  3. If you are more than willing, then pay more.

However I propose your money would go further via charity than propping up corrupt wasteful govt pretending to provide the services you desire for the unfortunate.

#43     Aug 10, 2012
  4. Do you mean stupid people having the ability to vote?

#44     Aug 10, 2012
  5. I do, and I also give something more valuable. My time.

#45     Aug 10, 2012
  6. Lucrum

Lucrum

I agree. Yes there are a few who are truly in need. Very few. We don't need a behemoth wasteful welfare bureaucracy to assist them though.

Our federal government CREATES problems, then creates even more and bigger problems trying to solve the original problems it created.

#46     Aug 10, 2012
  7. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

This is a heartless view on life, and not what even I, as a conservative believe in. I hope you never find yourself down on your luck, I really do. Something tells me your lack of charitable persona will get it's karma payback any way. I hope I'm wrong.

#47     Aug 10, 2012
  8. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

You're changing the subject. We are discussing the disagreement where you believe the government should provide zero, zip, nada to those in need and I believe there should be some safety net for the truly down trodden.

I am sure we are in agreement (you and I) about the government over extending itself in all arenas.

#48     Aug 10, 2012
  9. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Agree wholeheartedly.

#49     Aug 10, 2012
  10. pspr

pspr

What? You don't believe the government should be advertizing for people to go on food stamps like they are now? (This is sarcasm in case anyone is confused)

It's just Obama using our money to advertise to buy votes (with our money, too). :mad:

#50     Aug 10, 2012