Options Market Making Book

Discussion in 'Options' started by am123, Apr 19, 2013.

1. am123

am123

Hey
    Was seeing if anyone recommended any books on Options Market Making for someone who has decent knowledge of option theory, but no actual trading experience. I recently joined the industry out of college so I have an ok understanding of options but haven't started trading.

Cheers

2. Was seeing if anyone recommended any books on Options Market Making for someone who has decent knowledge of option theory, but no actual trading experience. I recently joined the industry out of college so I have an ok understanding of options but haven't started trading.

<iframe src="http://www.snotr.com/embed/2869" width="400" height="330" frameborder="0"></iframe>

3. filthy

filthy

there are two books that cover this exact topic. the first is "option market making" by Baird. it is dated but still an excellent book.
    the second is "option trading" by sinclair (me actually).

4. Just received both your books from Amazon.

The new one was listed at 5 lbs.+ initially and I got donked the heavy items surcharge. Imagine my disappointment when reality turned out to be 1 lb.+. LOL

Anyway, got the credit from Amazon, and yes they have corrected the listing details.

Cheers.

5. Your books are really fantastic.

6. wartrace

wartrace

Your book Volatility trading is next on my reading list, I just received it last week. I am currently reading Natenberg's Option Volatility & Pricing. I will check out your book "option trading" which will likely be ordered today...........:)

7. filthy

filthy

i really appreciate the kind words about my books. it is always nice to hear.

but i honestly wasn't fishing for praise. i really think "option trading" and "option market making" are the only books that address the mechanics of market making (for any products).

8. Also Charles Cottle's books are excellent. Some might say they are not exactly on market making but they are essentially about the basic mechanics needed to make markets, and in much more detail than other books I have read.

9. spd

spd

Baird's book is excellent. Sinclair's Volatility Trading is excellent, so I assume his other book is as well.

Pick one up, read it cover to cover in a day, get all excited, then enjoy the reality check when you realize how aggravating trading options can be. Then read it again, repeat. Its a fun journey.