Options Education & Freelancers

Discussion in 'Options' started by gscott, May 6, 2021.

1. gscott

gscott

I am involved with a number of clients who continually ask me for help building educational materials about option trading. I'm curious if anyone here might have enough knowledge of options (simple self test: can you explain the major greeks?) and would be interested in doing freelance writing on the subject. If so, please feel free to DM me here on the board and we can exchange contact info if you are serious. Of course strong english writing skills and a knowledge of option topics are required, also the ability to write on a 24-hour deadline. Outside of that there are no other qualifications.

I believe I could pay US$30 per hour for this kind of work, possibly more depending on the client that comes to me. The compensation is per-article and article size will range anywhere from 200 words to 1200 words. If you are faster than the pay structure expects, then the hourly, for you, is better. This assumes you do quality work fast. For most people this isn't a great fit, but for those few who read this and think it is, please let me know through the site message system.

2. ffs1001

ffs1001

I don't usually reply to threads like this one, but I'm curious - what's really going on here gscott?
    You're not actually looking for educational writers are you? Maybe this is a way to collect contacts in the industry?

Surely your 'clients' can just buy books on options trading and get what they want? Or, even easier, type "What is a calendar/straddle/condor...." into Google and get hundreds of sites explaining the details and simply copy-and-paste that into whatever educational-material they are planning to sell to others?
    And what options article of 200 words will be of any value? (Just for ref, your original post has 194 words.)

newwurldmn likes this.
  3. Not sure what clients you have that cannot find the educational materials on greeks, for example, for free all over the internet...

Also $30 an hour or $30 an article...

More importanty... $30? GTFOH

Miguel Heureux likes this.
  4. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

your decades of options knowledge snd your writing skills boiled down to the same value as a UPS driver.

El OchoCinco likes this.
  5. gscott

gscott

Heh, yeah I guess it sounds weird because I'm being vague. DM me if you (or anyone reading) wants more details. I really am looking for writers. I figure if anyone is posting on this site nowadays, they probably know a fair amount about trading and they don't mind writing. IF it happens that they like writing about this stuff, then I could likely use their help. I know the pay rate is low. It's a minimum. For people that prove themselves I likely have better paying opportunities I can connect them to.