Option Price Charts

Discussion in 'Options' started by Philo Judeaus, Jun 17, 2019.

1. Does anyone have access to any websites/software that allow you to view option price's in a chart?

For example, lets say I want to see how ATM put on $SPY July monthly contract fluctuates in price for the duration of the contract in a chart format? Anyone know?

Also I wanted to see if you can view the price fluctuations of particular spreads/strategies.

For example if I sell the ATM straddle in SPY, viewing the premium sold price in a chart form?

Cheers!

2. Do you have TOS (ThinkorSwim)? It does and is free if you have an account. -- Below a long SPY straddle (daily bars) for reference.
    upload_2019-6-17_19-42-2.png

3. Thanks for the reply.

I have TOS and have for years. Didn't know that was possible. How did you do that?

4. For the "symbol" selection: upload_2019-6-18_7-7-25.png
    Enter what you wish to observe! Note: For options, TOS requires a leading ".".
    Note: The entry you use is displayed directly below.
    Also beware TOS will display a "BAR" ONLY if volume was >0! The BARs reflect trades, NOT BID/ASK data.

5. Today received an email, and this link was in it, which answers more clearly: "https://tlc.thinkorswim.com/center/faq/Prophet-Charts.html#q_03"

body of link:
    How do I chart an option/option spread?
    To chart an option, go to Trade>All Products and expand one of the option series, then right click on any option. In the drop-down menu select Copy .optionsymbolexample. Now go back to a chart and paste the symbol into the symbol box using Ctrl+V.

To chart a spread, go to Trade>All Products and in the Option Chain line, chose your spread using the spread selector. Now, expand one of the option series, then right click on any option. In the drop-down menu select Copy .optionsymbolexample + .optionsymbolexample. Finally, go back to a chart and paste the symbol into the symbol box using Ctrl+V.

You can also manually type the option symbol(s) into the symbol box if you prefer.

Philo Judeaus likes this.
  6. Thank you for the help, appreciated it!

7. ffs1001

ffs1001

Anyone know how to get this same chart on TWS (Interactive Brokers)?

8. png.png
    right click to mouse for any symbol and follow picture

Last edited: Jun 20, 2019
  9. You

You

CBOE used to have the flexibility to look back weeks to months of option price data.

Around November or December last year, they changed their software to only show today's chart.

http://www.cboe.com/delayedquote/quote-table

Strangely, I tried to find option chart data through LiveVol, but couldn't.

Yahoo Finance has it, but it's not very good.

Philo Judeaus likes this.