Openecry vs Others - Speed and Features

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by danger66, Mar 17, 2008.

1. I was thinking of getting an account set up with Open E Cry. I like the platform, but have been a bit spooked by the problems people have been recently having with connections/disconnections, etc.

I do like the Block Allocation feature of Open E Cry and would like something similar if possible - as well as DOM and ability to fire orders on one click and change orders quickly when needed.

A few people have mentioned TurboAT and Transact. Agree/disagree? What other possibilities?

Which of these platfors provide access to institutional pricing without leasing a seat or anything like that?

Another desired feature is financial stability of the firm offering the platform and a reliable phone trade desk.

Thanks and sorry for all the questions.

2. Lorenzo

Lorenzo

CQG Trader with RCG

3. ssss

ssss

Infinity,TA,Pa all offer AT

www.ampfutures.com offer oec (globalamp 30 day demo) with 2000$
    account minimum and two another good platforms

AT and direct(CTS T4)

You can search alsov mirus futures ....

Sorry but all three platforms oec,CTS T4 and AT are .net based ,
    need downloading of 22mb .It is source of instability .

Better to have 3 accounts ,broker and clearing house ,each with 2000$,
    as one with 6000$

Your respectfully

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIMJXQ92LP4

4. For active accounts $100K+, are the answers still the same? OEC told me that for $100K+ accounts they start at 1.90 including exchange feeds per side for ES (i think the exchange fees are 1.15) and that they're willing to lower that down the road if you're active. On which platform/broker will I be able to minimize this (without sacrificing reliability)?

5. Having a position on and losing all connection to the broker is not good. Having this happen on a daily basis is unacceptable.
    Has been a lot of trouble on OEC for weeks and they still have not resolved the issue.

Data may go down for all brokers at some point in time, and that is something you can accept. Two weeks straight, and ongoing for a solid month is serious.

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=119777&perpage=6&pagenumber=21

6. jimmyrey

jimmyrey

Just quoting part of your comment above: ......"(Without sacrificing reliability)?"

Right now if you go with OEC YOU SACRIFICE RELIABILITY ..... simple as that

If you read the Openecry Commissions thread you will see traders say they have lost money because of these tech issues ..... do you want to be in that category?

The reliability of OEC may/will change at some point .....

Until you see comments on this site confirming that OEC have stabilised their platform I'd stay well clear......

7. ssss

ssss

Another desired feature is financial stability of the firm offering the platform and a reliable phone trade desk.
    ###############################

After modern events with IBKR

OXPS,AMTD,SWIM

SWIM and OXPS offer future trading and possiblity to switch money to SIPC account .All are pure agents in relation to stock/options

All offer 3 version of platform -html,java and downloading
    from J.Medwed for AMTD and OXPS

All have market value 1 -10 bln $

Not cheap, no traditional DOME ,but suspect ,if you active trader
    third party software (OEC,CTS T4, AT)can be discussed
    with SWIM

8. rickf

rickf

If you're daytrading futures, I would avoid OXPS -- I got burned several times with horrible fills (90 mins one time on a market order) and very unreliable data and charting since they integrated with Brokerxpress last December.

See my other threads on OXPS for more feedback -- they're great for options and stocks, and have great customer service, but on the daytrading side with futures, I don't trade those there anymore....I went with OEC.

9. ssss

ssss

f you're daytrading futures, I would avoid OXPS -- I got burned several times with horrible fills (90 mins one time on a market order) and very unreliable data and charting since they integrated with Brokerxpress last December.

See my other threads on OXPS for more feedback -- they're great for options and stocks, and have great customer service, but on the daytrading side with futures, I don't trade those there anymore....I went with OEC.
    ########################

That is very can be ,but OEC have account minimum 5000$

Better to have 3 account's by different future brokers with 2000$ each

OEC can dissapear as another future broekr in one night .

OEC have connectivitiy problem this time

www.ampfutures.com offer 3 platforms ,all .net based and all are comporable good - OEC,aT,CTS T4

Exist another cheap brokers -infinity,mirus,PA,TA &

Best wish ...

10. Jim, Amp Futures offers a white label version of OEC's platform. I have been told that they only license OEC's software - and provide their own servers and technology. Does this mean that Amp customers wouldn't have necessarily experienced the same technical problems that direct OEC clients did?

#10     Mar 18, 2008