Oops

Discussion in 'Trading' started by farmerjohn1324, Apr 3, 2020.

1. I was having so much fun trading S&P futures, (I won my trade 3 times in a row. Profited about $1700.) that I decided to try oil futures.

CLV20.

Anyone can see that oil prices will be up in the future. Just no telling exactly how long that will take...

Now what I forgot to take into consideration was the bid/ask spread of this contract. Seems like I'm starting out $23,940 in the hole!!! I'm just hoping I break even before I'm forced to sell for a huge loss.

The ask price is 0.26 above the listed contract price. The bid price is -3.42 below!!! What a rip off.

SimpleMeLike likes this.
  2. broker?

3. Charles Schwab

4. Sekiyo

Sekiyo

When I open a trade I am always in the hole by the difference btw my TP and Entry.
    From there you got to know how much % you're willing to be drawn deeper by the market.

Prospect Theory.

Good luck.

5. southall

southall

Is that October 2020 CL on Nymex?

6. Yes

7. southall

southall

What time did you open the position?

8. schizo

schizo

Is it only me or does this make sense to anyone? Somebody translate this for me.

brettpower likes this.
  9. 4:22pm

10. Overnight

Overnight

Didn't we just go through this discussion in another thread, where I gave a "NO", the angel on the other shoulder thing? The $5kish margin, which they just raised today, by the way, by like another 500 bux per contract??

#10     Apr 3, 2020
    ironchef likes this.