One Of A Kind Totally Silent Core I7 Computer Built For Day Trading - $2350

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Silent_Computing, Mar 4, 2016.

1. One of a kind totally silent computer built inside the HFX Monster Case using only the highest quality components that were researched to work together without any bottlenecks or compatibility issues.

Used less than 1 month.

The case alone costs more than $700 and it is a beauty. True work of art. Usually Used for very high end audio and home theater systems.

I had a company specializing in silent computing build it for me according to my specifications for the purpose of backtesting and trading financial markets, but never got to use it for that purpose as I got into another business.

It is built like a tank inside, yet looks very simple yet sophisticated inside and out. NOT A SPEC OF DUST accumulated after a month of use (due to a fanless design). LOOKS BRAND NEW. Paid $2650 for it just a few months ago.

Now you can compute in total silence, without the annoying fan noise of any kind, or use it as a home theater pc and never hear any noise even during the quietest scenes.

mCubed HFX Monster Black PC Case (Made in Austria)

Intel Core I7-4771 Haswell 3.5GHz Quad-Core 84w CPU (Amazing speed and stability)

Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB (2 x 8GB) - Low Latency Ram for truly fast performance (two empty slots to add another 16GB if needed, although you will never see even half of it used unless you are running it like a virtual machine server)

ATI Fire Pro Fanless Quad Video card (connect to up to 4 monitors at once)

Microsoft Windows 7 Professional (CD included)

Asus Maximus VI Gene Motherboard

2 Samsung 840 Pro 256Gb Drives

Silverstone Fanless Power Supply

Feel free to text or call me with any question; (212) 256-1487

2. Pekelo

Pekelo

I would like to buy 5, can I get a discount? I also really liked the picture not included, but can I get it in pink?

CBC likes this.
  3. Paying $2650 for a computer nowadays is kind of absurd -- that's alot of overkill.
    I bought my used i7 laptop trading computer on eBay for a very small fraction of that last week :)
    runs like a dream, i finally ditched my i5 clunky desktop PC.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2016
  4. vicirek

vicirek

Your laptop "i7" is not what you might think it is. On top of different hardware characteristics it will limit its performance depending on current power supply, settings and so on. It might be the case that your clunky desktop i5 has higher performance than new shiny laptop i7. Intel's processor naming is really confusing on top of that.

My laptop i7 for example is really underpowered and system will overheat when under continuous high workload. Laptops are designed better for handling short bursts of high workloads.

zdreg and Occam like this.
  5. destriero

destriero

Yeah, sign me up. I want a fanless computer going into safemode due to temps. The fact that it looks like a 1986 Sanyo integrated stereo amp is just icing on the cake.

i960 and stereo70 like this.
  6. d08

d08

That's just a laptop from a poor quality manufacturer. You can set your CPU to run at maximum performance always, which makes sense when plugged into a power supply. Yes, mobile equivalent i7 is not the same as a desktop i7 but it's not a different world.

I do agree that Intel's processor naming is beyond retarded but perhaps they made it so confusing on purpose.

7. vicirek

vicirek

Laptop is ok. It is the program that runs multiple threads and saturates CPU almost to the max in back test mode. It was not really meant to run on laptop in the first place but there is a big difference between laptop and desktop. I was hoping to have one laptop machine to do all the work without going back and forth but for now I see that desktop is difficult to replace for high performance computing.

8. Trader13

Trader13

Well said. No noise means no airflow (unless it's water cooled).

Here's a bit of related trivia for fun: When the original Jurassic Park movie was filmed they had a scene in a room with a bank of computers that controlled the devices in the park. But the fans in the computer cases were too loud and the noise interfered with recording good audio from the actors. So they moved all the computer cases to an adjacent room and ran cables to the displays/keyboards/mice back to the room where they filmed.

An ad listing like this is a better fit for Craigslist. And just curious, what kind of warranty did the custom computer builder give you?

9. I bet your system is way over stressed and/or you are not doing any serious backtesting.

Also, you don't care about fan noise or a humming sound. MANY PEOPLE DO. And the ones who don't, do not realize how it is affecting their focus and concentration, and the affect it has on the body and the brain long term.

And like I said in the opening post, the case alone costs more than $700. Considering this as well as the specialized copper heat pipes that route the heat away from the CPU, it's not really expensive at all.

There are a few other so called "silent" cases on the market but none of them are as expertly constructed as this one, and run stable and never overheat.

10. Your ignorance precedes you. What make you assume that a fanless computer will go into safemode due to temps?

You think I didn't check for this? My daytrader friend who's been designing systems for 10+ years, had two of his most demanding backtests (1 utilizing 1 minute charts, the other utilizing tick charts) run on this computer and the CPU temperature never exceeded 62 Celsius. Intel doesn't start throttling down until 90 Celsius. Also, we had a whole bunch of other programs running at the same time. It idles at 30-37 depending on room temperature.

As for the way it looks, that of course is subjective, but everyone who saw it said it looked amazing.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2016
    #10     Mar 21, 2016