One Nation Rally Greatly Resembled MLK’s Crowd

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bugscoe, Oct 5, 2010.

1. ‘One Nation’ Rally Greatly Resembled MLK’s ‘Dream Speech’ Crowd
    By Doug Powers • October 4, 2010 01:13 PM

“One Nation Working Together” would like to thank everybody who attended Saturday’s “trash-a-palooza” rally at the Lincoln Memorial.
    What a scene it was:

[​IMG]

That looks like a crowd similar to those who attended MLK’s “I have a dream” speech:

[​IMG]

Look at the positioning of some of the people on the near-side of the reflecting pool in the “One Nation” picture vs. the MLK speech photo:

[​IMG]

My God, do you know what this means? It means a lot of the same people who attended Dr. King’s speech “dream” speech were so moved by the goals and visions of the “One Nation” rally that they decided to show up and stand in the exact same positions they did in 1963! What a tribute! If that doesn’t give you a lump in your throat, nothing will.

Seriously, imagine the outrage if Glenn Beck used a shot of the MLK speech and even remotely implied it was taken at his 8/28 rally. He didn’t have to though — but I guess that’s the point.

“One Nation” used the same MLK photo to pitch their rally before it happened, but given the attendance fail, I can see why they didn’t feel the need to update it after the fact with a photo from the actual rally.

Update: If you click over to the One Nation site now, they’ve apparently switched the photo to one that looks to have been taken on Saturday instead of in 1963. Never underestimate the power of mockery.