On using an Ipad for Futures Day Trading

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Tradernow989, Apr 28, 2018.

1. Hello,

I am thinking of getting an using an Ipad for futures day trading. My account is with Global Futures and Forex. Two Questions:

1. Has anyone succesfully day traded futures using an Ipad. If so, which platform/broker did you use?

2. Does anyone have any experience using the Ibroker App on an Ipad for GAIN Capital? Or Ibroker app experience in general?

Any thoughts would be tremendously appreciated.

Thanks very much.

2. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

3. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Just use Google search, Bing search...lots of info out there about trading via iPad or trading via any other Apple product with videos. I have seen them but didn't keep any direct links because I wasn't using any Apple products until recently (e.g. Mac, iPad) although I'm primarily a PC user.

I have seen more online videos on Youtube in the past few years by companies offering trading on iOS via mobile...iPad & iPhone although I don't recommend trading via iPhone beyond just checking out current prices.

Yet, a quick search I found this one although it is a TradeStation product @

wrbtrader

Last edited: Apr 29, 2018
  4. SteveH

SteveH

I'd pick Android devices. You can have an extra memory card to swap out whether it's phone or tablet and it's more sane to move files on and off. All these vendors are supporting iPad and Android. They have to cover the entire spectrum of users.

5. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Very true...today's data vendors risk losing customers if they offer mobility trading for those on android and not for those on iOs (e.g. iPad)...vice versa.

In fact, I now use both android and iOs (e.g. iPad, iPhone) for mobile devices but not for trading because I'm only willing to do trading via a laptop if mobile. It doesn't seem like many data vendors are offering mobile trading in both types (android & iOs).

Thus, I view them as data / charting / broker vendors losing clients.

6. Turveyd

Turveyd

Ipad pro 10inch 4g, samsung a7 tab 4g for walking around, helps fit trading in around work and life, at the gym with the A7, nobody notices i'm there so it's fine.

Try it, beats sitting at a desk all day bored

jpmswiss likes this.
  7. volente_00

volente_00

8. Yes, I do from time to time, all you need is good internet anyway, why do you think there is nothing to compare ? You can for sure trade with it with any broker which supports that application and that's really it in comparison. And brokers usually have Android and iOS anyway.