On Fridays the market does what it wants, better not to operate.

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by TTT, Sep 14, 2018.

1. TTT

TTT

Yes ... better not to operate

2. TTT

TTT

Yes ... better not to operate because the intraday fails more than a fairground shotgun.

3. Overnight

Overnight

If you mean today, I disagree. This price action was Trump, pure and simple. Trump is the wildcard for the markets now, so volatility will be there now that he's more active in affecting global policy. (Read: trade war)

TTT likes this.
  4. TTT

TTT

Thank you I had not noticed.
    You never know what this man is going to say.
    Unexpected news is a problem in the intraday.

5. lindq

lindq

He managed to keep his mouth shut for 3 days. Something of a record. But he just couldn't get past the week.

TTT likes this.
  6. TTT

TTT

:D

7. TTT

TTT

Wall Street baja: Trump impondrá 200 mil millones en aranceles a China

you're right overnight

8. TTT

TTT

looking at the technician sometimes you forget the fundamental

9. TTT

TTT

How is that controlled?

10. Overnight

Overnight

What pisses me off about this week is that it was his own Stephen Munchin dude who said on Wednesday that they were going to try to restart trade talks with China. That caused a 50-point spike up which I missed, but it resolved right back down to pre-announcement like an hour later. Then yesterday, I made a grand on the general idea that the trade war risks were abating. Now today, Trump himself blabbered about imposing the tariffs he hinted at (before Munchin spoke on Wednesday), in private, someone leaked it, and I got clobbered, lost almost all of yesterday's profits. What a waste, all because this jackass has a personal agenda.

Ahh, the fun of trading in the midst of this shit.

#10     Sep 14, 2018