Ohio man charged after saying Ocasio-Cortez 'should be shot,' illegally stockpiling ammunition

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Tony Stark, Aug 10, 2019.

1. Tony Stark

Tony Stark

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/...sio-cortez-should-be-shot-stockpiling-illegal

Ohio man charged after saying Ocasio-Cortez 'should be shot,' illegally stockpiling ammunition

An Ohio man on Friday was reportedly charged in federal court with threatening to shoot Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) and illegally stockpiling ammunition in his home.

Timothy J. Ireland, 41, was charged in the U.S. District Court in Toldeo and faces a count of being a felon in possession of a firearm, being a fugitive in possession of a firearm and making interstate threats, according to the Toledo Blade.

The firearms charges come with a maximum 10-year prison sentence, while the threatening charge carries a maximum sentence of five years, the Blade reported.

The charges came after U.S. Capitol Police on July 23 received a tip about statements posted on Facebook that threatened the Democratic congresswoman, according to the Blade.

Police received a screenshot of news story related to Ocasio-Cortez with linked comments that said she “should be shot.”

“Can’t fire me, my employer would load the gun for me,” the comment read, according to the outlet.

The comments were traced back to a Facebook page listed under Tim Ireland from Toledo, and in an Aug. 2 call with Capitol Police, Ireland confirmed he wrote the comment and was “very proud of that post he made.”

FBI agents raided Ireland’s house on Thursday and found seven rounds of illegal ammunition, the Blade reports.

Ocasio-Cortez’s office declined to comment.

Ireland has outstanding warrants for felony failure to appear in court in Florida and a misdemeanor failure to appear related to a marijuana possession charge in Georgia. He was convicted in 1996 of four felony courts of dealing in stolen property, the Blade reports.

2. Yup . . . . these are the people who made America Great.

Tony Stark likes this.
  3. Tony Stark

Tony Stark

Just looking at this guy you can tell he is a Trump supporter

[​IMG]

4. Cuddles

Cuddles