OEC Trader vs Ninja Trader

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by JamesBond007, Oct 9, 2014.

Which is better?

1. Global Zen Trader(OEC Trader via Global Futures)

57.1%
  2. Ninja Trader(via Ninja Trader Brokerage)

42.9%
  1. I'm debating between Global Zen Trader(OEC Trader white label) and Ninja Trader(Ninja Trader Brokerage). I will be using hotkeys to submit orders and to manage trades. If anyone has used both I would appreciate your feedback regarding data feed reliability and support quality. TIA.

2. OEC is the worst trading platform around the globe
    Eternal lagging......................:eek:

flavia and EsKiller like this.
  3. Cazza, when was the last time you used it?

4. I had a live account with OEC earlier this year.
    Couple of trades, just to understand if their words "live version of the platform is better than demo version" were true
    No! Live or Sim is the same piece of junk
    Closed the account. Period
    From time to time I try their demo, just for fun....
    Last time I used it? Last week
    Next time? At the beginning of new year....I think

5. Cazza,

was it executing your trades late? or was the feed slower than other platforms?

I'm testing out both and oec's dom seems to be neck and neck with ninja.

6. I have an account at OEC (live) and an account with Mirus (Ninja) and honestly there is no difference in execution speed. Ninja is a better marketer and a paying sponsor on this site so this is probably not the best place to ask that question as there are more hidden agendas than you can imagine...

7. CliffordHarris,

Thanks for your input. Overall, I find OEC trader better in terms of order entry. The only thing holding me back is the low commission rate offered by Ninjatraderbrokerage(formerly Mirus). I might actually do the same as you - have one account for OEC trader and one for Ninjatrader.

8. Banjo

Banjo

How's that OEC feed working this morning?

9. I logged in early it was frozen. Seems okay now but earlier was rough. What is most disappointing is zero communication from them on this issue. If you have a problem just tell us. We are big boys, just give us the message.

10. xandman

xandman

Out of the box? No contest. OEC is a lot better. OEC is gtg while NT is just a shell of a real trading app with function extensibility. You better demo, both. NT is from a different industry paradigm that had "free trading app" as a major cost advantage. Times have changed and NT is adjusting.

If you don't want to waste time building functionality, CQG's Qtrader with Excel RTD to analyze spreads, roll yield and historical volatility is a great package for $40. Researching right now if going CQG Qtrader will make them cut historical intraday to 3 months as opposed to 1 year 1 min data with NT Continuum.

CTS is also recommended but that is a different price range.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2014
    #10     Oct 15, 2014