Oct Unemployment Rate

Discussion in 'Trading' started by MrDODGE, Nov 2, 2008.

Oct Unemployment Rate

1. Lower than Sept (not going to happen)

1 vote(s)
    3.3%
  2. Unchanged @ 6.1% (clearly manipulated)

1 vote(s)
    3.3%
  3. 6.2 - 6.5%

12 vote(s)
    40.0%
  4. 6.6 - 6.9%

3 vote(s)
    10.0%
  5. 7.0 - 7.3%

3 vote(s)
    10.0%
  6. 7.4 - 7.7%

3 vote(s)
    10.0%
  7. 7.8 - 8.1%+

7 vote(s)
    23.3%
  1. What do you project the October Unemployment Rate to be when it is released this coming Friday?

I see the market reacting in a large way to this report in one way or another.

2. well it's clearly going up for the next few months if anyone has been paying attention- if it is better than expected i doubt we'll rally as we know it's just a blip- worse than expected still i think pres election matters more. IBD has it at 2% with 8% undecided...

3. Has anyone heard if they're going to extend unemployment benefits? I heard they do this "in times of economic hardship," and I think right now qualifies as that, but I haven't heard if they're going to do it or not.

4. Who cares, its already factored in.

5. Spoken like a true permabull. Buying equities hand over fist right now to not miss the rally?

6. It will probably increase a tiny bit 2/10 or 1/20, either way the more important question is will the market rise 3% 5% or 10% on the news?

The numbers would have to be reeealllllllllllllllllllllly bad for there to be a large selloff.

7. When people can drive to the unemployment office and talk on their cellphones while in land it makes it a little hard for others to buy into the "right now qualifies"

When the unemployment rate goes over 12% then we can take a look to see if we have hardship but at 6% we just have the 'weakest ones' that CANT get a job.

8. Wow, there is some utter ignorance. Based on your thinking all of the people who were laid off this past month are 'weak ones' that CAN'T get a job? What about all of the college students who have graduated and can't find a job that will pay close to market value?

9. By the poll choices, I assume you are using Slicky Willy's revamped calculation system for tabulating the unemployed. Which means that the correct number is about double that. Look it up.